Friday, August 17, 2007

Wish me luck.....

So, I'm headed up to Bass Lake for our annual Kollen family vacation. Now, I used to look forward to this vacation for many reasons. It was relaxing. I didn't have to lift a finger (except for dish night). I watched TV like it was nobody's business. And I laid out in the sun all day for a week. Oh, how times have changed. This vacation has gone from relaxing to work in less than 2 years. Since the expansion of the Kollen's and the Crockett's, we have added 9 kids (all of whom are under the age of 4 with 2 sets of twins). There is no more sleeping in or relaxing in the sun reading a book because the kids wake up at 6am and don't stop all day. We have to always be watching them since they can get anywhere, including the water. Last year was a little easier because we just treated them like dogs and locked them up in a man-made "kennel" where they couldn't get out. This year we will not have that luxury, since they are older and running around in all different directions. The funny thing is, it's not just the kids we have to worry about. My dad will proceed to drive us all crazy with his constant need to be on the internet and always asking why the connection is so bad as well as his cell phone service, asking Michael and Brian everyday where they got there sunglasses from and if they will sell them to him for $20, and we can't forget his neverending discussion of whether or not he should buy my Honda Accord. At least he won't have Bill there to talk nonstop about football officiating, and we can put the kids to bed at 7pm!!!

Needless to say, I will not be bringing the 7th book of Harry Potter to dive into!! Be back in a week.

Robers Out!

1 Shoutouts!:

Anonymous said...

You forgot one of Rich's favorite topics...Mariner's baseball!!!