MEN!
Bill and I are sitting here watching football (our fall Sunday routine) with our TV set to give us updates on our fantasy teams and our laptop set up with our fantasy "Game Center" just in case our TV doesn't update quick enough. Just to set you up, here's our breakdown. I have a team, Bill has a team, Bill has ANOTHER team with his work, Bill's in ANOTHER league where you just pick individual team to win, and Bill's in ANOTHER league where you pick individual team to win and rank them in confidence that you think they'll win. But, above winning any of these games, he wants his Packers to win.
Now, here's what I don't understand. Bill's sitting here cheering for the Packers even though he's cheering against one of his teams, but on the other hand for another team. He says he just wants the Packers to win and then he starts to care about his fantasy teams. But, he's still cheering against his own teams! He has one defense playing in a league, but that defense is playing his QB in another league, so he's just sitting here yelling at the TV! Why would you join multiple leagues and compete against yourself? Is this just a man thing to do? How does he even keep the players straight? I'm perfectly happy with my one team and cheering them on, even though my #1 draft pick only got me 3 points and is out with a hurt toe, but that's a whole other blog post!!

15 Shoutouts!:
All I am getting from this post is that Bill is a very smart man- he cheers for the Packers no matter what!! (we are packer fans also, we make Naomi wear her Donald Driver jersey every game, and if it is a late game she wears it to bed)- so in all his turmoil of who to cheer for at least his number ONE team is the pack, nice work Bill. Oh and good luck with your million teams, one of them has to win right?
You lost me at fantasy teams... LOL
Sounds crazy to me. I too like my one team and can't keep up
Oh Paige...that sounds soooo familiar to me, although my husband works on Sundays and we still pay for the football package even though noone is watching any games!!!!
Get yourself a good GM like I have!!
it sounds like someone needs to get a sunday job.....
Paige, you forgot to mention that, not only are the Packers my team, but that I also wear a Donald Driver jersey. (Thank God I didn't buy a Brett Whatever-His-Name-Is jersey. Trader.)
Bill
Brian has 3 teams going as well. Whenever I ask him how he is doing, he gives me an update on all of the teams. He hasn't learned yet that I only care about the Robers league!!
Sounds like our house, too. We are in the same league: I beat him opening week btw:). He was getting so frustrated that he cracked open a beer at 12:00 b/c cbssportline wasn't working!
I hear ya!! :)
You lost me early on. I guess I'll wish you both good luck :)
So, what should we expect out of him on Sunday night while he's at the Packer game?
I will never understand them....
Paige - I work with the guy all day long and I don't understand him either. :o) ~Teri
Let me know when you have figured men out:) Good luck with your teams. I hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment