Dear Hayley Paige,
I don't know what is more shocking, the fact that you are 8 months old or the fact that it is already November! I would give anything to press the pause button!
This past month has been a tough one for us. You have challenged my patience more times than I'd like to recall (although your daddy says that I am the most spoiled mommy in the world...as you cry about once every 3 days!). For about the first 2 weeks you decided that you missed me in the middle of the night and woke up 2-3 times to nurse. I thought I was going to die! You had always been a good sleeper from day one, but this did not make me a happy camper. Thankfully, you went back to your perfect self because I don't think I could've handled it much longer.
Eating was a challenge, but you are getting much better! I thought you may go to Kindergarten nursing and I was going to have to bite my tongue and lead those le lache meetings...thank goodness we don't have to go there! We just introduced breakfast to your schedule. We're (okay I'm) still adjusting because that means we have to get out of bed for you to eat and play before your morning nap. You've never been a snacker (you hate puffs) until I introduced Honey Nut Cheerios to you (thanks Auntie Kelsey) and now you can't get enough of them. Your favorite food is vanilla yogurt. I can mix anything (and believe me I do) with vanilla yogurt and you just devour it like you've never eaten before!
You still show no interest in moving whatsoever! That's okay by me, because it makes snuggling you so much easier! Mornings are my favorite time to snuggle with you. Daddy still brings you to me, you nurse, and then I fall asleep while you just hang out! I know these days are limited, but I'm enjoying them! When we're playing during the day, I will move your toys away from you and you get this look like "what did you just do woman?" Then you start to play with your hands...they are still your favorite toy! You have your daddy's personality when it comes to life. You are so happy and content and take what's given to you. I guess it's a good thing you don't have my personality because I don't know if I could handle that!
You are really developing a sense of your surroundings. When you're around an older child you will just sit and stare at him/her and laugh at anything they do. When we were at marmie and poppy's house, your cousins loved to make you laugh with their singing and dancing. You also love dogs...I think they make you laugh the most. You could watch them all day! Hearing you laugh is the best sound ever! You will belly laugh at just about anything...kids, dogs, but I think your favorite person to laugh at is daddy! I like to think it's his funny face, but I know it is because you love it when he acts silly with you. He loves you so much, and it warms my heart to see you smile and laugh with him all the time. He is your second-best friend in the world, that is for sure!
You are such a chatterbox...just like your mommy:) You just recently found your mirror in your crib and I can find you talking to yourself in the morning. You started saying dada about a week ago and since he nurses you, gets up with you in the middle of the night, baths you, changes your diaper, etc., it only seems appropriate that you would say his name first (can you sense my sarcasm?).
You continue to be such a happy little girl. You are so content doing just about anything! We love you more than words can say. You fill our hearts with love, bring so much joy to our lives and give us a new meaning of happiness! We cannot wait to see what this next month brings us and all the things that you learn. We can't believe that God has blessed us as much as He has. You are definitely the best thing to ever happen to us. We hope we can make you as happy as you make us everyday!

6 Shoutouts!:
She is growing up into such a beautiful girl Paige. Wow, 8 months already! Time is flying by can't imagine how it feels for you. I can't believe I will have a little one before I know it
Finally. I figured you were just going to skip 8 months? Can you believe we need to start planning their 1st birthdays!!!!
Finally. I figured you were just going to skip 8 months? Can you believe we need to start planning their 1st birthdays!!!!
How cute is she!! I can't wait to see her in person!!! Love those pictures, she is so happy!!!
So cute. We miss her and can't wait til AZ and Christmas. Lots of shopping to do...hopefully she doesn't decide she wants to start moving then!
Love you HP!
I think she got Marmie's dimples.
Post a Comment