Ainsley gave us quiet the scare this past week. For about 3 days she had a slight fever, nothing over 101 and I just thought it was teething since she had no other symptoms. She was lethargic, but I thought is was because she fighting a fever. Bill had off on Monday so I decided to take her in since he could help with Hayley just to make sure it was really just her teeth and she didn't have an ear infection. So everything was fine at the doctor, her ears looked okay and everything checked out fine, but they said she sounded congested. They wanted to do some chest x-rays to rule out pneumonia since she was so young. The x-rays came back normal, but as we were waiting, her breathing became more rapid and she seemed to have a harder time pushing air in and out. They did an oxygen test and she was teetering on levels that they admit they decided to take the safe route and admit her mostly because of her age. They had confirmed that it was a virus and normally it would just have to run its course, but since Ainsley is so young and her lungs are so little they wanted to help her through it with some oxygen.
I was terrified! I have never dealt with a sick baby. Hayley has never really been sick. I think she's only threw up once! I just felt so terrible and wished I would've done something sooner! We were admitted right away and they put her on oxygen. It was a long night with nurses in and out! She seemed so much better in the morning, but the doctor still wanted to monitor her for another day. They continued with oxygen and suctioned out her nose. Throughout the day they had lowered the amount of oxygen and by midnight they had removed oxygen completely. She was a new little girl by morning and we went home that afternoon.
I am so thankful that it was a less severe virus and not RSV, pneumonia, or something worse. There is nothing worse then seeing your little baby in that hospital gown in the crib.
We are so blessed to have such great friends take Hayley without question. I don't know what we would've done without them. It was so nice not to have to worry about her and know that she was in good hands. Thank you Karin and Ashley...you girls are the best!
After we were discharged I went home to take a hot shower and then go pick up Hayley. When she got in the car and saw Ainsley for the 1st time in 2 days, she said "oh sissy I missed you. So glad God made you feel better! I prayed for you at school so God would make you feel better". It was just so precious!












4 Shoutouts!:
Glad to hear she is OK. Fancy Nancy
I CANNOT wait to see you.
I am so glad you little one is doing better. nothing worse then having a wee one in the hospital.
:( SO sad! She couldn't be any cuter though! So, this is just so crazy because Henry and Maysyn went through the same exact thing at the same exact time! We barely escaped hospitalization, it was so scary. We had to give breathing treatments every 4 hours and they tested positive for RSV and had to take really strong antibiotics. The drs said it was a nationwide outbreak. Unreal. Well, glad to know she is all better!!!
Post a Comment