Monday, April 19, 2010

The Incline

I can now officially say that I'm a Coloradan...I climbed The Incline (The Incline is an old railroad for a cable car that took people up the eastern face of Rocky Mountain to about 8,600' before shutting down in 1990. The steepest section is at a grade of 68% and it's a little over a mile). It was always on my to-do list and there is no time like the present. I went with 2 friends, one being pregnant, so I thought I couldn't possibly be worse then a 21 week month pregnant girl! After the first 20 minutes, I did great! Those first 20 min were tough and I thought I was going to die. I got so light-headed, nauseous, and everything in-between. At one point, I thought giving birth with no drugs would have been better!

Julia * me * Karin

about to embark on our crazy journey

this is what I had to climb (and the worst part is the very top is a false summit...there were still about another 100 steps to go!)

half way!

looking back at how far we climbed

at the top...we made it!

I MADE IT!

on the way down with julia

with karin

walking back down

5 Shoutouts!:

Michelle Wing said...

OK, now that you've done all the things on your to-do list, you can move back home. I'm sure there is a hill around here somewhere you could climb!!

Anonymous said...

I am totally impressed!!

Jenny said...

I am impressed!! I lived in Colroado for 4 years and never even heard of The Incline let alone climbed it.

The Naves said...

Great job girls! Looks like it was a beautiful view. I am very impressed, especially with Julia being pregnant and doing it. So, is that a new outfit for the climb?

Karla and Brian said...

What a great accomplishment! Congrats I bet that felt great to get to the top and look down on that beautiful view! You go girl!