Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July weekend. We started the weekend off at the Monument Parade followed by a street fair, had a birthday party, and then finished with a BBQ at our house. Hayley loved watching all the cars and floats go by in the parade. She especially loved all the animals and every animal was a "dogdog." We ended the weekend with a CRAZY thunderstorm...the poor fireworks had a lot of competition with the lightening lighting up the sky while they were being shot off!

**funny side note story--So we're watching the parade and of course there are lots of military men and women and out of respect you are supposed to stand and clap when they walk by. We got quite mad at those around us that didn't stand as they walked by and Bill kept hitting me every time saying "I can't believe these people aren't standing to support our troops." I say "we don't stand every time our friends come in our home." (As I right this, it's not as funny as it was at the time...I guess you had to be there.) Although we don't salute our friends when they walk in our home, we can't thank them enough for their service and the sacrifices they make, both the soldiers AND their wives. Jeff just came home from Iraq (where he spent the 1st year of his son's life) when we met him and Joe will be deploying in September. We hope that you have a safe tour and we'll keep you in our prayers.**


they had a bald eagle on display at the street fair...so beautiful!

At the street fair!

daddy and hayley before the parade

watching the parade






Jeff * Bill * Joe * Jeff



1 Shoutouts!:

The DeShazers said...

Happy 4th! I absolutely adore Buggy's smile :)