Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bass Lake 2010

13 kids and vacation should never be used in the same sentence, but somehow we continue on with this yearly tradition! We are completely outnumbered by the kids and no longer spend the day laying on rafts in the water, but rather keeping our eyes on the kids and constantly fulfilling their every demand. Although it's not a relaxing vacation, it's one that is filled with lots of memories and a ton of laughs. I have been going to Bass Lake since I was born and always look forward to spending the week with my family. I love that our kids will have the same memories as I have had! It may not be quite as relaxing as in the past, but I wouldn't trade having this time together with the kids for anything. (Notice in these pictures the lack of any husbands for the Kollen girls. 13 kids does a good job of keeping the guys away!)

celebrating my mom's birthday

I don't know what's worse...the amount of kids or the amount of pink!

all the babies in the swimming pool

swimming at the dam!

ethan, hayley, and megsie hanging out

love trying to get a pic of the all the kids...not even licorice would make them sit still. At one point Hannah had Hayley in a head lock to get her to look at the camera

enjoying her licorice after some pics!

candace, kelsey, courtney, and I

with mommy and daddy
(and braylen of course since he wouldn't let go of his mommy's leg all week)

candace and I on the paddle boards!

buggy and I

hayley's 1st dam swim

in the kayak

thankfully we brought a doll stroller for each baby and they spent most of the time pushing them up and down the driveway.

poppy and buggy (she's so happy!)

enjoying some watermelon

4 Shoutouts!:

late4game said...

Hayley was the youngest this year, and she was a good camper!! She and Megsie outdid the boys who were very possessive of their strollers!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

So stinkin' cute! I love all of your lakeside photos!!! Your buggy is growing up way to fast!

The DeShazers said...

I always think Buggy looks like Bill until you put her with all of the other Kollen kids :) Looks like lots and lots of fun! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

Aimee said...

That looks like a lot of work, lol! I think the dad's had the right idea staying home ;-) How fun for buggy to have a yearly vacation to look forward to with all of her cousins. She is so cute! Great memories!