Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Girls Weekend

For the past 6 years I have been getting together with a few of my college friends for a "girls weekend" in Tahoe. With each year you get some changes...we went from single girls, to married women, to mommies. I've always looked forward to these weekends where we can just get together, catch up, and relax, but the past 2 years have been anything but relaxing with 5 babies under 2. But it's been so fun to see these babies grow up and play together. Our days at the pool and nights at the bars have been replaced with days at children museums and naps and nights of going to be early.

We had such a busy weekend. We hung out at the Northstar Village, played in the woods behind the cabin, played at the Truckee Children's Museum, ran wild on the playground, went on a gondola ride up the mountain, played in creeks, had picnics, etc.

playing in brewer's tent

bathtime

one of the hardest parts of the weekend was the fact that we were with 5 BOYS who all wanted to play in dirt, water, with sticks, etc. I will admit that I don't let Hayley get too dirty...she can't ruin her clothes (I know...I'm totally turning into my sister Courtney). Michelle took them down to the creek and the boys immediately jumped into the creek and started to get dirty. I just love this picture where hayley is cautiously standing back like she's thinking "my momma will kill me if I get dirty" :)

hayley brought them all matching pj's!



all the babies!

grevin and hayley playing at the kids museum

who would have thought that a basket would be such a fun toy!


picnic on the mountain

gondola ride up the mountain


4 Shoutouts!:

Sandy said...

Hayley has it made!!! Look at her with all those boys!! Love the matching jammies, how cute :) What a fun getaway for you guys!!!

cari said...

:-) Look at Hayley already juggling all the boys :-)

late4game said...

Don't ever give up those weekends.

Ali C. said...

we already miss you!