Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dinner at the Ross'

We went over to Courtney and John's house for dinner tonight. Courtney has gained a reputation for not having enough food for all of us, but since she kept talking about this new recipe from Kelsey she was trying I figured "how could she not have enough, Kelsey always has too much?" As I was helping her prepare dinner, my dad says "That's all the meat you have?" Courtney, as usual, got all defensive. Then I looked into the crock pot and said politely, "Court, that's really all the meat you have?" Again, she got defensive and said "the meat is to fill tacos, not to eat as the meal itself." Umm, Courtney, that may be true, but people generally like MEAT in their tacos. Dinner was finally ready and it was time to make our tacos. We were limited to 2 tacos, not only because she didn't have enough meat, but apparently, there is a national shortage of soft taco shells and cheese as well. We were all acting like scavengers finishing our food because if you were lucky enough to finish 1st, there was still a little (and I stress, a LITTLE) meat left because everyone was afraid to eat it all the 1st time around. Of course, by that time, there were no more taco shells or cheese. But if you were lucky enough to get some "extra meat" you didn't care, you just ate it before anyone could eat it off your plate. Seriously, we felt like we lived in Ethiopia trying to scrounge for some very valuable meat. Courtney even started eating off Johnny's plate and when he called her out she said "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were done." Mind you he had just started eating! Bill and my dad were discussing places we could go eat after we thanked her for the appetizers and left!! Taco Bell never tasted so good after the Ross appetizers. No wonder their kids are so small!
Robers Out!

2 Shoutouts!:

themonteleones said...

That is so funny. You would think she would make extras so that she would have leftovers.

kkp1220 said...

I thought she was just cooking for Mary Anne, Johnny and her. If I knew all you were going I would have told her to definately cook more.