Sunday, March 9, 2008

Boys' Weekend

The Boys in Hollywood

While I was in Vegas (post in progress), Bill had "Boys' Weekend." He had three friends come in from all over the U.S. Once they arrived, Bill had them going non-stop. I kept trying to tell him that people go on vacation to relax, not to run around all day and night. Unfortunately for them (or anyone else who wants to come visit us), that's not Bill's way. They arrived on Thursday and went to turtle races. Every Thursdays, Brennan's in the Marina, races turtles for entertainment. They rent you a turtle (or you can bring in your own ringer), you place the turtle in the middle of a big circle, place your bets, and then they all race to the outside of the circle. If your turtle comes in 1st, you win! On Friday, they went up to Beverly Hills and Hollywood to search for stars. All they found were stars on the ground, but the guys were happy! They went to Jimmy Kimmel Live and then headed over to the House of Blues to see The Dan Band. If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend you look them up (http://www.thedanband.com/) and see when they're coming to your city. They are awesome! After the concert, they went to a cowboy bar (or, as much "cowboy" as you can get in West Hollywood), Saddle Ranch, so they all could ride the bull (or, more likely, watch women ride the bull). Bill chickened out (probably good for us and our health insurance), but two of his friends bit the bullet and did it. On Saturday, Bill took them to Newport Beach to have a nice romantic watch on the beach :). The weather was so beautiful they almost put down payments on houses!! Too bad the prices are still too high. They also took advantage of the weather and went in the Kollen hot tub. Bill tried to tell them that the pool was freezing, but since they are from North Dakota, Virginia, and Minnesota, they even jumped in the pool (of course, some dares may have been initiated)! Saturday night they went to the Brea Improv to see Norm McDonald. He wasn't very good, but they had fun anyway! Needless to say the boys were very tired, but had to reluctantly return home to their jobs and families. They had a great time and are definitely looking forward to Boys' Weekend 2009.


The boys at Newport Beach



Robers Out!

3 Shoutouts!:

caxline said...

turtle races...is that for real???

jackson'smama said...

I need to hire Bill to plan me a weekend like that! It sounds like they had fun. I've seen the Dan Band several times. You're right. They're awesome!

Jeana said...

The first big night out after I had Ruby was with you guys to see the Dan Band! As much as I drank I can't believe I even remember it, but I do... I had a blast!