This weekend was the Junior League signature event, CARE Fair. All year long we raise money and prepare for this big event. CARE Fair provides free medical, dental and vision checkups, vaccinations, haircuts and new backpacks with school supplies to children in our community to get them ready for school. I wasn't here yet last summer, so I was excited to be a part of it this year. It was so great to be able to volunteer at such an amazing event and give these children something that they would never get on their own. The look on these kids' eyes when they got their backpacks filled with school supplies is something that I will never forget. Even in these stressful times, it truly makes me step back and realize that even though things are hard for us we truly are blessed and God will take care of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Shoutouts!:
What a wonderful thing to be a part of! Looks like Hayley was the life of the party!
good for you Paige!! that's awesome!!! and way to get hayley volunteering already ;) she has a good mommy ;)
Wow! what s super organization to participate in today during these needy times. I can only imagination how great those kids feel and you too for all your effort. Keep up the good work. grammie Ross
What a wonderful group to volunteer for! I think you are a very special woman for putting so much time and effort into all the groups you work with. You go girl!
awesome organization!
Post a Comment