Thursday, October 1, 2009

7 months

Dear Hayley Paige,

7 months already? It's killing me that you are growing up so fast! We had such an exciting month together and so much has happened. You started solids which was very difficult for you at first. You were not a big fan and wanted nothing other than your mommy's milky. You closed your lips so tight that I was just short of using pliers to open them. I think I tried too much too fast, so I will take blame for the learning curve. You now LOVE to eat and scream with excitement when I put you in your highchair. So far your favorite is avocado!
Keeping true to your nickname from auntie Courtney, "bug-eyed" (it's since been shortened to buggy), you just sit and stare at everything. Every time I think you are sound asleep (or still sleeping) I walk in to check on you and you are just staring at your mobile or the stars on your ceiling (from your turtle)! You will just lay on the floor and stare up at the ceiling fan and you are always curious of your surroundings. I think your favorite "toy" is still your hands, they still amaze you and it's so funny to watch!
You started Kindermusik this month and love it! We've met a lot of new friends and look forward to seeing them every week. You love the egg shaker and scarf and hate when it's time to put them away.
The biggest thing that's happened to you is your first two teeth! You just woke up one day with them...no crankiness and only a few sleepless nights. I miss my toothless grin but to see those little teeth makes my heart melt.
Daddy started a new job this month so it's back to just you and me, but that's the way we like it best. Daddy still gets you up in the morning so he has some special one-on-one time with you and then he brings you to me when he leaves and we cuddle (mommy sleeps and you stare at the ceiling fan) for another hour or so. I'm in deep trouble when you start crawling, but until then I enjoy our special morning cuddles.
You continue to be such a good baby and so happy. You get the biggest grin on you face and then start belly laughing at just about anything. We love you more and more each day! We are so blessed and thank God everyday for such a wonderful little girl!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy















11 Shoutouts!:

The DeShazers said...

Seriously, she the cutest little girl I know! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of her standing up, the other one where she is sucking on her bottom lip...Grey likes to do that too! We miss her and hope to see her soon. Happy 7 Months!!

The DeShazers said...

Oh, and can I tell you that blogger is irritating me right now? All morning long, I looked at my blog list to see if you had posted and it never updated. I just clicked on your page on a whim and your letter was there! UGH!

Anonymous said...

Grey and I just read your post. She is so cute. When I said look at your girlfriend he got the biggest grin and tried to get her on the computer. Grey and Grammie D

Michelle Wing said...

She is the best little girl in the entire world! I am so lucky to have such a cute daughter-in-law! :)

Julie said...

She is such a doll!!

Sandy said...

love that picture of you and her laughing!! can't wait to see you guys in nov!! i am so excited you are coming out to AZ!!! we will definitely be home by then!! she is so cute i can:t wait to see her person!!

Anonymous said...

HP, Marmie misses you, but I'll see you soon. I love you. Remember who let you cuddle with her your first night home when Mommy wouldn't get up!!!!! JK

MIG said...

You are a gorgeous 7-month old. Wish we could hold you but until then, love to see your pictures! GO PACKERS!

cari said...

Love the black and white picture of you and her :)...great post..way to squeeze bill in the last picture :)

kkp1220 said...

Love the Hanna.
She is so her daddy;-)

kkp1220 said...

Love the Hanna.
She is so her daddy;-)