Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bass Lake 2007

We arrived home safely from a wonderful, yet long, trip to Bass Lake. Believe it or not, we had a great time with 9 kids....well as good of a time as is possible during nap times, feedings, and meltdowns. I think every kid had a few meltdowns, but the main ones that were continuous throughout the week were:

*Hannah wanting all the toys that the twins had
*Bennett not wanting to water ski
*Muffy not getting the book she wanted
*Kaitlyn and Allison getting wet
*Jillian wanting desert after dinner
*Hannah not wanting to go to bed, and
*Bennett needing to eat everything in the fridge before he went to bed (I mean seriously, I have never seen a kid eat his way out of going to bed. After a big dinner and a dessert that's even bigger, Bennett would get hungry again right at bedtime. He would then preceed to eat a pb&j sandwich, nectarine, cheese, milk, crackers....you name it, he'd put it in his mouth. I don't know where he puts it?) I have some video footage, so as soon as I learn how to post them, you will get to see it all in action.

We also successfuly finished 2 Costco-sized cans of Que Bueno!! Que Bueno is nacho cheese that we kept heated in a crockpot so at even given time throughout the day we could have warm cheese for our tortilla chips. It's a good thing we only go to Bass Lake once a year because my waistline couldn't handle it. We also had a constant flow of cookies....whether you liked them cooked or prefered eating the raw cookie dough straight from the container...you had it all. At one point Courtney scooped up the raw cookie dough in a bowl and ate it like ice cream.

It's only been a few days since and I'm already having food withdrawels. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to eat as much as we did. I have to admit that I didn't reach my "goal" for the amount of weight gained. I will have to take it up with Nancy since she did all the cooking.

Here are a few pictures from our trip. Already looking forward to Bass Lake '08 and I'm sure Nancy will start asking us what we want to eat and making her list for next year.

Oh, and for those of your wondering why Bill isn't in any of the pictures, he successfully managed to get out of the Bass Lake trip this year. He said he had to "work." Of course, he runs his own company now, so I don't know how he couldn't get away for a week of vacation. However, when I reminded him of the 9 kids in attendance, he kept insisting that he had to "work."

Robers Out!!

The Girls

Me and Lauren





Kelsey and I

Me with Hannah and Kaelyn

Feeding Time with all the kids!!


3 Shoutouts!:

Anonymous said...

These memories will last a lifetime! You are the world's greatest aunt. Just think, by the time you and Billy have kids, we will owe you so much you may never change a diaper for your own kid!

Anonymous said...

Paige, you are the best! You surely won't have to raise your own children because your sisters will owe you big time. You are all of their children's beloved auntie. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

your yams look good in that one picture with kelsey.