Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Super Bowl Champs!

(I can't believe I haven't posted about this)

We have been on cloud nine at our house since the Super Bowl. Bill has waited over a decade for this and I have been waiting about 5 years, after marrying into the Green Bay Packers obsession :)

Obviously, it was a close game. A little too close. Bill came out on fire and only got worse at halftime and in the 2nd half. I must have heard "this game if over," "we suck," "big dummy is gonna lose it again for us," etc., about a million times. (Big Dummy is Bill's name for Mike McCarthy...borrowed from his friend Vince.) Thankfully, the game ended with the Packers having more points, or as Bill will say "we suck, but the Steelers sucked more tonight!" Yeah, he's super fun to watch the games with. With that said, he's been like a little boy on Christmas morning. He is so excited. He wears his jersey any chance he gets and he's even busted out his Packers scarf, which I thought was in a goodwill bag years ago :)

Our neighbors are just as big Steelers fans as we are Packers fans, so we had to leave our mark. We decided to "decorate" their house with some green and gold. (Mind you, this was on Super Bowl morning. We would never rub it in after the game.)




2 Shoutouts!:

Michelle Wing said...

I didn't realize you decorated your neighbors house, I thought it was yours! I still wish we had snow here that we could paint.

Anonymous said...

From swimming in a pool to decorating the neighbor's snow. The weather sure has been weird this year.
Love, Linda (Andrew's Gma)