Monday, November 3, 2008

Because...

I believe that every baby has a right to be born.

I believe that our National Security is one of the most important issues facing us today. Now is not the time to cut the military and not invest in it's future.

I believe that the "American Way" is to go to college, get a job, and make something of yourself.

I believe that health insurance is a privilege, not a right. That's why I went to college...to get a good education, and get a job with health benefits. And when I didn't have a job that offered health benefits, guess what...I had to pay for my own health benefits.

I believe that college is affordable. It's called student loans...trust me...I'm still making monthly payments.

I believe that if you work hard and make a lot of money you should enjoy your money, not be forced to give it to those that are too lazy to work.

I believe that the government needs to stop spending our hard-earned money like drunken sailors.

I believe there is a private company that should "study the life of acorns" or "study the mating of mice" and keep them out of proposed laws.

Now don't get me wrong, I believe that there are government programs that do help individuals/families in need and do work for those individuals/families, but some are getting out of control. It's time to stop spending and re-evaluate these programs to see which ones really work and cut those that don't.



I believe that my vote will make a difference.




17 Shoutouts!:

Grady Family said...

Amen sister! Thank you for summing up all the reasons why I have voted the way I have!
Let's hope and pray tomorrow turns out the RIGHT way.

Michelle Wing said...

I believe you have way too much time on your hands!

kkp1220 said...

While I agree, I also agree with Michelle. You have way to much time on your hands;-) Put your education to use and go to Starbucks, become a barista!!! Better yet, go to Nordy's so I can use your discount!!

See you Wednesday.

xoxoxo

CrazyRossHouse said...

I believe that no one should push 200 pounds on top of growing a baby inside them. That's me though, sometimes you don't always get what you want. Unfortuneately from all the news reports that's going to be us tomorrow!

Where did you get these insights? It was just a few years ago you were quoting your sorority president..."it's not 4 years, it's FOR LIFE"

I hear ya though, I wish all those things would be the case:)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

well said Paige, and the best part is, no matter what the outcome of the election, we live in a wonderful country where we are free to voice our opinions, no matter how different they are, and RESPECT one another (ahem...yes i'm referencing you! - anonymous {& i suspect "ignorant"} commenter from 6:07pm)

kkp1220 said...

If you are going to be rude, at least have the balls to say who you are!!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more Kelsey! Its easy to be an idiot when you're anonymous.

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT believe that anonymous person wrote that! How rude and disrespectful. If that person does not want your opinion they should avoid reading blogs...because that is the point of them!

Mommy said...

Amen to that!!! You hit the nail on the head. GO McCain!!!

Anonymous said...

While I completely disagree with your political views I still love you! At least you have the balls to say what you believe in. (And... you're voting for the wrong people!) :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oopps! The above post was me, and I forgot to sign it. :)
Erin

The Naves said...

Even though I do not agree with all your points, mainly that health care should be a privelage and not right. However, this is your blog and props to you for being strong in your beliefs. And, if one is truely open minded than you must allow others to have different views than yourself.
Please vote tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! What a wonderful influence Bill has been on you!!!

Anonymous said...

Run for office--you go, girl! We will vote for you no matter where we are (maybe with Acorn's help more than once)! God bless America!

Jeana said...

I didn't realize I lent you my soapbox:)Great points!

gm-vasquez said...

Robers 2012!!!!

I wish I had the ability to express myself like you. I look at my amazing kids and I can't imagine anyone telling me that it was my right to kill them if I had the urge.

My husband provides a very good life for us. However, he works 14 hours a day 6 days a week to achieve that. Guess what I don't want to share.

I wish you were my neighbor!!!!

OSU 98 said...

You go Paige. I could not agree with you more. I sent my vote in for the McCain/Palin ticket two weeks ago.