Monday, November 3, 2008

Dear Anonymous

First of all, I deleted your comment not because you disagree with me, but because you used language unbecoming of a mature adult. This is my family’s blog and children read this, therefore that kind of language is completely unacceptable and will be deleted. I welcome comments from all points of view and encourage friendly debating, but I can’t discuss topics with someone that uses language like that.

For the record, you clearly didn’t read my entire post. I state in the end that there are government programs that do wonderful things for many individuals and families in need. However, these programs are out of control and being abused by many. They need to be re-evaluated! I don’t want my hard earned money to be wasted and spent the way the government sees.

Second, you have no idea who I am, what struggles my family faces every day, or the sacrafices we make. Not that you need to know, but my husband and I are very charitable. We donate weekly to our church financially and are very giving with our time. I belong to an organization that’s sole purpose is to give back to our community and provide for those less fortunate. Before we moved, my husband was on the board for Special Olympics in Los Angeles and was VERY giving to that charity both financially and with his time.

There has been nothing privileged about my life. My husband and I both worked hard to get through college (on our own dime mind you). We took out student loans, got grants, worked during the school year, and worked during the summer. I am reminded of the sacrifices I made during those 4 years every month when I write my check back to the government. I am so thankful they have that program to allow me the ability to get a good education. That program is available to EVERYBODY! Anyone can apply for a student loan and go to college, get a degree, and get a job with great benefits. My husband continued to educate himself and take out more student loans and because of this I am very grateful because he got a great job out of it. He deserves all the success that comes to him because he’s worked hard to earn it.

Regardless of who wins tomorrow, we live in a GREAT country and we will prevail. We may have to endure some hardships, but mark my word….WE WILL COME OUT ON TOP. Isn’t America great, we can have our own individual opinions and not be reprimanded for them. Just think if we lived in China and didn’t agree with what their government said/wanted we would be shot!


17 Shoutouts!:

CrazyRossHouse said...

A little shout out...Deanna and Jesse broke up!!

Bill and Paige said...

Court,
Are you shocked? He was a total dork! She's kicking herself for not picking Jason.

Anonymous said...

Paige, very well written! I missed the anon. post, but sounds juicy! I'd have just told them where to go! Well done!
Erin

Aimee said...

What? Deanna and Jesse broke up? She totally should have picked Jason...anyways, I missed the anonymous post too! Yikes!

Julie said...

I missed out too on the anonymous post and feel left out!! But very well put!! Now go Vote!!

Garb Fam said...

You Go Paige!!! I am so bummed I missed the anon. comment!

The Robin Family said...

I too missed the comment and had to figure out what was going on. I'm so sorry somebody did that. I loved what you wrote.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Paige . . . you are very well written, have created a thoughtful response to someone who's post must have been most ignorant, and have made those who know you and your spouse very proud of you! Way to go!

Katie Bey

mommyreview.com said...

I didn't see the post, but your replied with great class! Oh ya and she is totally kicking herself for not picking Jason!!

Kimi said...

Way to go Paige! I too missed the anon comment, but I think you responded very respectfully. I'm all for supporting people voicing their opinion, but there is an appropriate way to go about it. You are already teaching that baby how to be a strong woman!

Anonymous said...

I did read anon's comment and you, Paige, handled it perfect. For goodness sake, this is PAIGE'S blog, of course it will have PAIGE'S opinion!

themonteleones said...

Any chance you can post what the anonymous comment was????

Katy said...

First of all, anyone who posts and anonymous comment like that and doesn't have the balls to say who they are should be deleted.

Secondly, Jesse was a nerd from the beginning. I bet Jason is just beaming right now. Although I still hold fast to the fact that I think he should be the next bachelor!!

Julie said...

I didn't see the anon post either, but just wanted to say how well written your response is!

Mommy said...

MIssed it as well. But you handled yourself very well, Way to go Paige.

The Naves said...

I'm curious to know what "anonymous" had to say

The Stiles Family said...

I am sorry I missed the comment. Your response was amazing and very well written. You had great points. I am sorry that someone feels they need to judge another person's PERSONAL blog.