I don't let Hayley watch TV. No real reason why...mainly because I don't know what channels the kids shows are on (yeah, too lazy to look) and I don't know how to use the ps3 (we don't have a dvd player) to play her baby Einstein dvd's. I think we put on the Disney Channel about 3 times, I get that darn "hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog" song in my head all day and I swear that I won't turn it on again :) Plus I figure that I'm lucky to stay home with her so I should enjoy it and spend this time with her. The last few days I was busy painting her playroom. I wanted it done before we had people over for the Superbowl. She woke up early from her nap and I was right in the middle of painting the last wall. I needed like 20 more minutes. I put her in her jumper and put on Noggin. It was dead silence. She was in awe of the animals and the songs. Needless to say I got to finish her playroom! Looks like I may have found some new "free time" for mommy:)
Loving her some Noggin!!

Playroom was the best idea I've had to date! She's will play in there by herself and I'm able to close the door (don't worry, they are glass doors so I'm able to see her at all times) and get things done. Mainly my living room in CLEAN and with NO TOYS!!!

6 Shoutouts!:
I'm so glad you got the room finished! You should really start to love the Disney Channel. I can get 30 minutes out of Andrew when I turn it on!
You've got issues! Serious ones that you should probably seek some therapy for! :)
nice! I wish we had a room like that
Now that you've gotten Bill out of his office, you can work on your dad. We need the bedroom back.
Paige,
Check out "Word World" I think it is on Disney, it is the best kid show I have seen. All the animals and objects on the show spell out the names of them in the pictures and they build words in ever episode. Our three year old really likes it. Hayley might be a little young for it but eventually she will pick up on it. I am not much for TV either with our boys, it is a luxury at our house but sometimes you/they need to have it!! And if they need some down time, why not let them learn something from it!!
I love your play room, it is so cute!!
I have attempted a few shows at 6 am hoping Grey would watch them but he wants nothing to do with them. I love that you can still put Buggy in the jumper, again Grey wants nothing to do with being confined. He will watch his Signing Time videos for a few seconds...
Post a Comment