As I sit here and write this, I'm trying to figure out how to make February last a very long time. It doesn't help that it's the shortest month of the year. I'm not ready for you to be a year old yet.
This past month has been my favorite month so far. You were so much fun and such a joy to be around! I don't think I've ever heard or seen you laugh so much. Your personality is starting to shine and your laugh is contagious. One of your new favorite things to do is give kisses. You prefer just to give mommy kisses right now, which is okay with me. You just lean in with your mouth open, which worries your dad about the future of your kisses. But I love it.
Each day is a new day with you and you get so excited when you figure out a toy or learn to do something. I love that we get to spend each day together and enjoy all the fun that we have. You make me such a proud mommy. You love to hang out with your friends and now that you are mobile you get right up in everybody's business.
Ever since you started crawling you don't sit still. You are everywhere! It's always a special treat when you come hang out with me in the kitchen while I make dinner:) You are pulling yourself up on anything and everything. You have started to cruise around the couches and tables. You have, however, started to walk with your walker. I'm not sure you understand you're doing it, but it moves, and you move right along with it. Thankfully I think we're still weeks away from you walking so until then I'm faster than you:)
You have also gotten into a very bad habit. You always want to pull yourself up, and still always chewing on something and those make a bery bad combination. Your crib now looks like a giant chew toy. It doesn't make your daddy very happy, as each time he sees another chew mark, he is reminded how expensive your nursery furniture was. Hopefully I can get you to stop soon!
A year ago I couldn't wait for you to be born, but now I can wait forever for you to turn 1. As excited as I am to celebrate your birthday, it just scares me how quickly it's gone. Before I know it we'll be planning to take you off to college. (But that's OK, as mommy will be going off to college with you! Of course, daddy says it's only a matter of time until you head off to the convent.) I continue to enjoy each day we spend together and live in the moment with you.
You are the best little girl, and you make your mommy and daddy so proud. You are so bright and loving, and you are always having fun and laughing. It is the best sound in the world, and your dad and I hope that we continue to hear and see you laugh for the rest of your life. You will continue to make us smile and we thank God every day for you.

10 Shoutouts!:
Hayley Paige, you are beautiful. Will you wait to walk til Auntie Kelsey's or your birthday so Marmie can witness it??? I can't wait to see you very soon. Love you so much.
We are almost there!!!! She is so cute I wish I didn't have to wait to September to see her! So, I guess no more morning cuddling in bed now that she is mobile?
I absolutely love these pictures. She is so girly in most of them and then she presses her face up to the glass--such a silly girl!
Those pictures are so cute! I can't believe she is going to be 1 next month. In my mind she is still a little baby!
She is getting so BIG!! Can't believe she is turning ONE next month...where does time go?
Oh Hayley Paige, Happy Happy 1st Birthday!!! You certainly are a beautiful little girl. May God bless you always with good health, lots of love and happiness. Love, Grammie Ross
Those skirts are beautiful! She is so adorable :>) Have fun celebrating her first birthday!
Great Pictures!! Love the little face against the glass!!! Can't wait to experience all the Kollen clan for Ethan's birthday!!!
Love the pictures of her smooshing her face in the window;-0
Can't wait to see her!!
Love all the pink! She is so cute and has such a beautiful smile :-)
Post a Comment