Wednesday, September 5, 2007

It's that time of month again!!

And no I don't mean that I'm PMSing. It's that time of month when all the credit card bills come in and Bill starts to enter them into Quicken. I want to start off saying that the inventor of Quicken needs to be shot! For those of you who don't know what Quicken is (because I sure didn't until I was introduced to it on Jan. 20th), it is a program that allows you to place each dollar spent into a category and at the end of the year it gives you a spreadsheet as to how much you've spent and where you spent it. And I mean EVERY dollar! Now who would do that to wives?

So, every month Bill spends about an hour categorizing my spending. This is what I usually hear, "What did you buy? What was it for? Why did you buy it? Is Nordstrom the only store that sells that?" This is a very grueling process. I have to quickly come up with an excuse as to why I needed that and what category it should fall under. I used to be pretty fast, but as the months go on, I am running out of good excuses.

I don't know what I dread more, the monthly "meetings" we have about my spending, or the end of the year when it's actually on a spreadsheet. If only there was a way to "intercept" it through the computer like I could with the mail. I'm going to have to become computer savvy and possibly create a "computer problem."

Robers Out!!

4 Shoutouts!:

Anonymous said...

You should post about the month you tried not to shop and MaryAnn called you out! No seriously...you make fun of me because I buy clothes at costco...it is only because I can categorize it as "groceries". It's almost as sneaky as using the atm at the grocery store and withdrawing another $40.

Anonymous said...

Watch out, I'm sure Quicken makes you backup before you exit. He'll always be able to recreate.

Michelle Wing said...

Safeway sells gift cards to Nordy's. Perhaps you should start getting those. He can't get mad at you for spending money at the grocery store! Perhaps I can get Brian to create a bug and send it to Pimpy...

Anonymous said...

Michelle, we don't need your help. Paige finds ways to buy things just fine. Her favorite is to buy a bunch of things, and tell me that she got 2 sizes, so that half will be returned. Problem? I never see any returns. She just exchanges them for other things.