Sunday, October 7, 2007

I'm from New York!!

Okay, for all of you who know my dad, you will appreciate this....

Every Sunday, Bill and I spend the day at my parents' house. He watches football and I scrapbook. Somehow, we've convinced my dad that he "needed" to get the NFL package 3 years ago, and he's just renewed it every year. This Sunday, we were switching back and forth from baseball to football. The Angels just got swept and Bill starts talking about how TBS must be upset because all the series are ending early because the Angels and Yankee's are getting swept. Here's where it gets good:

My dad: "Yankees are going to win this game, I just know it. I've been a devoted fan and I'm going to take a trip out there next year because they are tearing down the stadium." As usual, he has diarrhea of the mouth.

Bill: "You've jumped on the bandwagon for the Yankees? Why are you even cheering for the Yankees? Shouldn't you be cheering for the Mariners or the Angels?"

My dad: "I've always been a Yankee fan. First of all, I'm from there."

Paige: "Are you SERIOUS? Have you ever even BEEN THERE?"

My dad: "Of course, I was born there. Call your Grandma."

Paige: "Are you drunk? You've never even lived there."

My dad: "Well I've visited there for two months."

I can't even begin to explain how the conversation finished. I'm still in awe that we even had the previous conversation.

Robers Out!

3 Shoutouts!:

caxline said...

Grandma is always talking about new york too. she has brainwashed him into thinking he was born in the big apple as compared to downey.

CrazyRossHouse said...

downey? That's too high society. Try Bellflower!!

Katy said...

Oh my God...your family is so hysterical!! I am here laughing so hard imagining this conversation! :)