Today Bill and I celebrate our 1 year anniversary. 365 days ago today I was finishing getting my hair done and on my way to the mall to get my makeup done, while Bill was just waking up and enjoying a nice relaxing morning!
I can't believe we've been married for a year. Throughout this year we've learned many ways to make our marriage successful and we'd like to share:
#1 Separate bathrooms. I know I've said this a million times, but it's true. I nicely moved (a/k/a kicked out) Bill to the guest bathroom. I don't have to worry about him using my shampoo/conditioner, soap, loofah with body wash, or my face wash. And the best part is, there is no hair all over my shower walls/floor!
#2 Make sure there is a constant flow of cheese and bacon in the fridge. You can always create a meal with that combination!
#3 Encourage Bill to work as many football and basketball games as possible. This gives me all the time in the world to spend scrapbooking or with my sisters when they are in town.
#4 Get creative when those monthly bills come in. After about 3 months, it gets difficult to come up with different "categories" for that damn Quicken program.
#5 Be on time to church. It only took me 52 weeks to figure out that Bill's BIGGEST pet peeve is being late...especially to church. They moved the time up from 8am to 7:45 am. It doesn't seem like that much, but on Sunday morning that 15 minutes feels like hours.
**And the #1 and only reason our marriage could fail is Quicken! I mean seriously, whoever thought it would be a good idea to monitor and categorize your monthly spending should just be shot! Every month Bill calls me into the office and tells me to sit down and just interrogates me on what I spent, where I spent it, and why I needed it. I've started to get a little creative! And the worst part is yet to come. He says in the process of putting together a year-end report. He says he's going to pie chart all of our (a/k/a my) expenses and see where and what we need to cut.
Robers Out!

7 Shoutouts!:
Happy Anniversary to you guys. We love Bill. It's been fun spending this 1st year with year. They say the 1st year is the worst, so it should start getting better tomorrow.
Hopefully your beloved PACKERS will pull it off today!!
Courtney, John, Hannah, Kate & Buckeye
Happy Anniversary Paige and Bill!
We had such a great time at the wedding. I can't believe it has been a year.
Kelly
Happy Anniversary.
Happy Anniversary Bill and Paige. Wow..I can't believe it has been a year, you need to have another big party! I hope you too got to go out and do something fun!!!
Happy Anniversary, Paige and Bill. What a great guy you got, Paige. Sorry the Packers went down, but so did the Buckeyes, so we feel your pain. Actually, I've become a Packers' fan and have really enjoyed the season watching w/ Bill. He gets a little dramatic after the first two plays of the game when he blurts out, "Let's go, it's over!!" Anyway, Welcome to the Family! We love you.
Congrats!! That really sucks about the quicken. I would be in big trouble;-)
I suppose you confess to lying about your purchases at church, right?
Dude - 7:45? That's just WAY too early and exactly the reason we do 5:30 PM! :)
Love you! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment