Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hide and Go Seek!

Yesterday, we had a little family emergency. I was visiting my grandma Polly and she was having problems breathing and it became too much for me to bear, so I called 911. Needless to say, I was in hysterics and my mom was teaching and my dad was of course refereeing a softball game. So I called Bill to go watch Courtney's kids so she could come with me to the hospital.


Good thing it was during Kate's nap time, so all he had to do was deal with Hannah. He said they had a good time and played lots of hide and seek or lots of just hiding and Hannah yelling, "Uncle Bill, where are you so I can come find you." It was Bill's turn to seek first, so he counted to 10 and yelled "Ready or not, here I come" and went looking for Hannah. Passing her room, he noticed a rather large lump on her bed under her blankets, but didn't look too unusual because her bed has tons of crap on it. But once he walked in he heard a rather large belly laugh coming from under the blankets. To Bill's surprise it was his turn again to "seek." He counted again and went straight to her room. Again, there was the rather large hump under her sheets (in exactly the same place as before) and her belly laugh gave it away again. Someone needs to teach her that you are supposed to be quiet while hiding. It was finally Hannah's turn to seek. She counted to 20 (what a smart girl), yelled "Ready or not, I'm coming!" and then went searching for Bill. As he stood in the middle of the bathroom (can't make it too hard, but the lights WERE off), he heard her go into the kitchen and the guest bathroom and then head back towards her room at which point she yelled, "Uncle Bill? Where are you so I can come find you." She walked past the bathroom twice, without ever looking in. She just kept walking and yelling "Uncle Bill? You need to tell me where you're at, so I can find you!" Of course, Kate is sleeping with Hannah yelling right outside her door, "Uncle Bill..." Finally, she gave up, and Bill walked into her room, where she was looking. She said, "Uncle Bill, where were you hiding?" He told her he was in the bathroom, at which time she said, "Nuh uh, I looked in 2 bathrooms! I didn't see you." Maybe she looked in the guest bathroom twice?


My grandma is doing well. She had been admitted into Lakewood Regional and they're completing some tests. Hopefully they'll fix her back ASAP as I think that is the root of all the evil. Please keep her in your nightly prayers!


Robers Out!

3 Shoutouts!:

Michelle Wing said...

I hope grandma gets better soon. We'll be saying our prayers for her.

The Stiles Family said...

I hope your grandma feels better. I am sure it was a scary situation for you. It sounds like Bill had a nice afternoon with your niece.

Kelly said...

Grandma Polly is in my thoughts and prayers.