Saturday, November 7, 2009

Diaper Duty

Let me preface this by saying that when it comes to Hayley everything is pretty much my job. I am so blessed to stay at home with her so I try to make anytime that Bill spends with her fun father/daughter time (ie no baths, diaper changes, feeding etc). We were talking tonight and somehow changing diapers came up and Bill said that he's changed at least 12 diapers! I know your mouth is probably dropping thinking "wow! that's not very many!" But my mouth dropped thinking "wow! that's TOO many!" I asked him if he was serious! He then tried to defend himself and say that he puts on a diaper when he gets her from the shower (I shower with her and then he gets her out since I'm not done). He actually thought that since he put on a clean diaper that count as changing a diaper!

4 Shoutouts!:

Kerry said...

Well, that's half of a change. So for every two times, that might equal one right?:) It just happens to be the clean half. LOL

Anonymous said...

Well, Dad will deny it, but he changed exactly one diaper for four kids. Back in the day we had pins. The diaper was falling off and I gave up. I think he did it that way on purpose. If you guys needed a change, he waited for me or called Grandma Agnes. Honest.

Michelle Wing said...

That doesn't count as changing a diaper, it only counts as putting one on. Putting them on isn't the hard part, it's taking them off and dealing with what is left behind. Perhaps you should have him bring Hayley to you in the shower so he has to take some off!

Katy said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. That's funny. I agree with Michelle. You start the shower then he brings her to you. Oops then you forget to shave your legs, so he has to get her out. See, I'm helping!! :)