Monday, March 1, 2010

Grandma Polly

My grandma Polly went to be with God this morning and as heaven is rejoicing in their new angel, we are mourning this world's loss. Thankfully she didn't suffer and passed away while she was sleeping. She will be forever missed and not a day will go by without a thought of her. So much of who I am is because of her. Some of my best childhood memories were with her. My sisters and I would always love going to her house. She would let us dress up in her clothes and put on shows for her. She had these wigs that we all for fight over! She would spend hours combing our hair and scratching our backs. She would take us to the Salvation Army, the mall, Target, Costco, etc. and get us whatever we wanted...I don't think NO was in her vocabulary. The best was when we would lay in bed at night and watch Golden Girls and eat cheetos:) To this day, I still enjoy watching Golden Girls because it makes me think of her. She was such a wonderful, kind, generous, loving woman. It didn't matter who you were she was "your grandma." She lived a long, wonderful life and I'm so thankful she was able to meet Hayley. We now have our own personal guardian angel and that brings a smile to my face. We know that she will always be looking over us and our little princess. It is always nice to have an angel on your side. We love you Grandma Polly, and although we are sad that you had to leave us, we know that you are rejoicing with God and Papa Dirk.





11 Shoutouts!:

Michelle Wing said...

You are so lucky to have such an amazing Guardian Angel watching over you. Keep remembering all of the good times you had and everything you learned from your grandma. Hayley will love to hear the stories one day.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Aimee said...

So sorry for your loss Paige...great pictures and ones to treasure forever!

Julie said...

Paige~
So sorry for all of you and the loss of Grandma Polly. You have life long memories to keep close to you!

Ali C. said...

You made me cry reading your post. So sorry for your loss.

The DeShazers said...

It is so great that you have so many wonderful memories and pictures of H and her together for her to remember. Keep remembering these good times and she will never be far away.

Julie said...

So sorry for your loss....what great memories to cherish and the pictures are priceless!

Sandy said...

Paige I am so sad for you and your family, but from reading your post, it sounds like you will all have some pretty amazing and wonderful memories to keep her memory alive :) What a special grandma you all had, you were very lucky :) Thinking of all of you...

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Honestly, what a sweet tribute to what sounds like one phenomenal lady! There is nothing like a special relationship with a Grandma! I was so close with mine and you are so blessed that she got to meet your beautiful daughter and your hubby. Mine never did. I have to tell you...no lie...I have the exact same memory of watching Golden Girls and eating cheetos with my Grandma too! Only throw in some Dallas on Friday nights too! :) Thanks for sharing, and I am so sorry for your loss!

Anonymous said...

Paige, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma Polly but agree with you that there is another angel watching over you. I still feel the presence of loved ones who have been gone more than 20 years. Keep the memories alive.
Love, Linda

cari said...

So sorry for your loss Paige :-( She sounds like the most amazing grandmother...Thanks again for driving down to Denver to watch the girls play :)

themonteleones said...

So sorry to hear about Grandma Polly, she was an amazing woman and I'm so thankful to have had the chance to know and love her!