Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend at Estes Park

We took a family vacation to Estes Park over Memorial Day weekend. We had such a great time and stayed right across the street from the lake. We met up with some friends, Jenny and Ross, on Saturday night...they were up there with family at their family's cabin. They were gracious enough to invite us over for dinner. We had so much fun hanging out with Jenny and Ross' family and they they took us around their land which was about 8 acres and included an awesome little creek. Made me wish I was a 7-year old boy...all the sticks and forts I could've built:) Bennett would have LOVED it! They had the most amazing views and it was so quiet and peaceful:)

We enjoyed a nice walk around Estes Lake, a boat ride, shopping in downtown Estes Park, and a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. We had such a good time and I'm looking forward to our next weekend getaway!

our hotel greeters!

Hayley loved the elk...she thought they were big dogs:)

with jenny and ross



their land was absolutely amazing!

running around at the dog park!

um...daddy got caught!!

we took advantage of hayley napping and decided to enjoy some wine tasting:)

bedtime reading with daddy!



time for a boat ride!!








so excited to go on the boat!

come on daddy!

buggy slept the whole time:)

such a beautiful place





running around Estes Lake

after being in the car for 2 hrs she was so happy to run around

such awesome views

halfway up the top of Rocky Mountain National Park!



At the very top of Rocky Mountain National Park (14259 ft)--the snow was SO high!

and it was so cold!

we met some friends on the way out!

5 Shoutouts!:

Ali C. said...

that looks like a great place to bring kids! Hayley looks adorable! Glad you and Bill had some time together!

Michelle Wing said...

Wow! That place looks like a lot of fun. Now I really want to come an visit again so we can have fun together.

cari said...

Beautiful pictures :-)...I was trying to look to see which shoes you had on ;-)

The Monroes said...

wow what a nice backdrop! beautiful!

Sandy said...

that place is gorgeous!! great pictures! I can't believe how long hayley's hair is getting!!