Friday, August 1, 2008

OC Fair

My mom, Bill, and I went to the OC Fair tonight. We had such a good time walking around looking at all the exhibits and animals. My favorite was the pig races, but Bill really liked the goats. Seriously, if you ever get a chance to see pigs race...it's so cute! I have attached a video for your viewing pleasure!

On of the highlights of the night was purchasing tickets. My mom didn't want to tell the guy she was a senior so she actually was going to pay full price! I couldn't believe it and called her out on it. I told the guy she's a senior and will NOT be purchasing a full price ticket. He just started laughing! She was mortified, but I just couldn't see paying for something when you don't have too...there are benefits to getting older. I then asked the guy if she needed a special ticket for EVERYONE to know that she was a senior (i.e. a big yellow lanyard that says SENIOR). I thought my mom was going to kill me.

Bill and I

EVERYTHING was deep-fried. I don't think there's anything that would not taste good after it's deep-fried!

Yes, we are total NERDS!





Robers Out!

8 Shoutouts!:

kkp1220 said...

OMG...you are a total nerd. Who takes pictures like that?? You are 30 and preggers!! Just eat the fried food

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Racing pigs are also at the Wisconsin State Fair--so is fried food but the VERY best is a genuine Wisconsin cream puff. Wisconsin has happy cows too!

caxline said...

racing any sort of animal is a despicable past time - how would you like to be forced to run and exercise while all your other friends and family are getting fat so that they make good bacon?

Anonymous said...

The pigs look fun.

Anonymous said...

You went to the fair to get you mind off the fact that it was your last day of work! sorry I just sort of jetted from your lunch with Terry, I just didn't want to burst into tears (you know he'd think it was because of him and feel proud!). Hope it wasn't too painful!
KWeber

Ali C. said...

I try and do that stuff to my mom too, but she is always one step ahead of me. She'll take her damn discount where ever possible. She don't care if they think she's old.

Michelle Wing said...

I had no clue that pigs could run, let alone jump like that!

Anonymous said...

You and Bill will in the OC last weekend? Why didn't Kim and I know since we were in town on Sat -Monday - we could have met up.
Jeff Grady