Monday, October 6, 2008

Back from TEXAS!!

Bill and I just returned from a great long weekend in Dallas, Texas. We were there for our good friends, Josh and Kim's wedding. Bill and Josh were colleagues at Gibson Dunn & Crutcher in Los Angeles. Josh was actually one of the readers at our wedding. They put on an awesome party and, from all appearances, didn't spare any expense! They had the rehearsal dinner at Gilley's, a local country western bar. It was AWESOME! I put on my jeans and cowboy boots and partied it up...sober style:) By the way, weddings are no fun sober...especially when there's an open bar both nights (sorry Mom, I know you don't want to hear that). They served Texas barbeque, had the dance floor open to two-step, and even reserved the mechanical bull for us! Bill wouldn't let me get on the Bull and everytime I tried to convince him to get on, someone would fall off and get hurt. Needless to say he was a little scared!

The wedding was beautiful, the decorations were amazing, and Kim (the bride) was stunning. Bill was able to see a lot of his friends from GD&C. We had a lot of fun and even closed the dance floor:)

Bill and I at the rehearsal dinner

Bill and Darren

Bill and I at the reception

Bill and I with Kim and Josh


Since we were in Dallas and the Cowboys were in town, we wanted to try to get tickets to the game. As many of you know, Bill is from the same hometown as Tony Romo and has remained friends with him and his parents over the years. He had called Tony's parents to see if they were going to be in town. Surprisingly, and thankfully, they were in town working on Tony's new house. We stopped by the new digs, which are amazing and in a great neighborhood. Ramiro and Joan (Tony's parents) gave us the tour, and then suggested that they actually had extra tickets for us in their suite. We were very happy to not only be going to the game, but to be in the suite with them, Tony's sister's family, family friends and Tony's friends. We had a great time, especially since they won. If you watched the game, you could probably guess that it got really quiet at times:)

For those of you who were mad that we were cheering against them in Green Bay, you will be happy to know that we were cheering FOR the Cowboys this week! And, since we know you are wondering...YES, Tony's girlfriend was there. Jessica was very nice and down-to-earth, and has gotten to be quite the football fan. We even got to meet Daisy, her cute dog! I don't think she goes anywhere without her:) We also met her assistant, her bodyguard, her grandparents and her aunt and uncle. Everyone was so nice and friendly. The whole suite had a great time (after the win was in hand). :)



Bill and I at the game


Bill and Joan


Cowboys take the field


Bill and I with Jessica (I'm starting to look like a house!)


Bill and I



Thanks again, Josh and Kim, for sharing your special day with you. Your wedding was gorgeous, and we had a wonderful time. Thank you also, Ramiro and Joan (and Tony). We really appreciate your hospitality.




27 Shoutouts!:

CrazyRossHouse said...

Tell me Bill did not step in to the only picture you have with your new BFF? Please tell me you have another picture!!

Anonymous said...

Joan and Ramiro are always gracious hosts. Gee, Bill, see you are sporting a star now instead of your green and gold. Sounds like you had fun. Jessica's probably wondering what's in the water. I was pregnant when we met her last year!

Kelly said...

Wow, what a weekend!! How is it that I never knew Bill was friends with Tony Romo. Great picture with you and Jessica. Does she have a blog?

Grady Family said...

HOly crap!!!!! YOu rock! I had no idea Bill knew Tony Romo! Big fan over her, seems like such a down to earth guy. CANNOT believe you were in a suite to watch that game. SOOOO fun! So is Jessica as dingy as she seems?

Ali C. said...

I am SO JEALOUS!!!!! Oh my god. You should have heard me screaming to Scotty about this blog. Oh my god I can't believe it!!!!! I am so jealous, I don't know what I am going to do. P.S. I think you grew overnight.

SUMMER said...

No friggin' way!!! I LOVE Jessica! I have always thought that she seems down to earth so I was glad to hear that! Wowsers... you and Bill are pretty big deals I guess. Hanging with the Romo fam!!!

kkp1220 said...

LOL!!!! Too bad you couldn't throw up the entire week before the game, you are huge;-) Makes me feel better being a week behind;-) Glad you had a good time and got your pic;-)

xoxo

mommyreview.com said...

Fun times!!! I bet Jessica was jealous of your cuz you're preggers!! hehe Gotta try to 1up the stars somehow right ?!

Anonymous said...

Paige, you are very pregnant!!!! Give up the star struck!!

Katy said...

You are too cute!! :) (And you are not as big as a house - you should see me!!!)

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness...that is too crazy! I can't believe how much you guys do...so fun! You also look very cute by the way...

Jeana said...

WTH! #1 You are not as big as a house. #2 You are smart to take advantage of traveling before the bambino arrives. #3 Tony and Jessica... at least I was at the Dodger Game... I am probably going to be the LAST person in this boggling world to post about hanging with a star!

The Beard Family of 5 said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????????? I am actually having a heart attack right now. I would give one of my children ( kidding! ) to have been there. Not for Jessica, but to watch the game in the suite. Wow, I bet there were some seriously uncomfortable moments. WOW, I'm really in shock right now. NOT fair. ( I'm totally jealous! )

The Robin Family said...

WHAT!!!!! You were hanging out with Jessica Simpson and Bill knows Tony Romo's family. A bit jealous here.

Elizabeth said...

What an awesome weekend! I'm jealous too! I LOVE JESSICA... and Tony :-)

BTW... your little belly is BEAUTIFUL!

The Stiles Family said...

You have the best luck and always find the celebrities. How fun!!!

You look adorable and are far from being as big as a house. I hope this means you are feeling better and not getting sick anymore.

The Tuckers said...

Paige,
Yes, I stalk you too... This is Jodi Dolan, I lived with Candace at OSU....I couldn't resist this post! I am super jealous too! Jessica is one of my fav's I am forever living vicariously through you and your sisters.....sooo jealous right now! OMG

cari said...

What a great weekend!!! You don't look anywhere near a house!! Glad you got your pic!!!!!

Julie said...

Paige,
That is awesome! I have always been into celebrities too.

This is Julie from AZD, and I had bookmarked your blog a while back from your myspace page. I love it and read it often! haha
Congrats to you and your hubby on your upcoming arrival!
Btw - I also seemed to "pop" overnight with my baby boy. It makes wearing maternity clothes more
fun, even if it's less comfortable! :-)

Take care,
Julie

~Julie

Garb Fam said...

First you look FABULOUS and have the cutest belly! And really can I be a Kollen sister? You guys go to all the fun games. Go SAINTS!!!

The Monroes said...

I cannot believe Bill knows Tony Romo...and you sat in a suite with his parents, AND you met Jessica Simpson...that is so much fun! Now, for your kids sake start getting to know the makers of Yo Gabba Gabba, Little Einsteins, and Dora. Then you will be super COOL!

The Robin Family said...

Paige drink a lot of soda or juice tomorrow to get that baby moving. I went in for my ultrasound where they test for downs, and the tech asked if she's sees something do I want to know. Well of course I did. Chris and I both thought it was a girl.

Anonymous said...

Only you paige!!! :) Looks like fun!
Love,
E

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh Paige I am so jealous of you and bill!! what a fun weekend...and holy cow, you got to meet jess simpson!! i am so envious :) you seriously have the greatest luck when it comes to meeting celebrities! And by the way, you look absolutely fabulous...love the dress you wore to the wedding!! :)

The Naves said...

What a fun trip! I have to say that would have been fun to sit and hang out with Jessica Simpson and watch football. You look beautiful pregnant, and so cute howt you have popped out! Are you feeling any better?

caxline said...

hanging with the robers....how did you get so popular?