Sunday, December 7, 2008

Junior League

When we moved to Colorado, I joined the Junior League of Colorado Springs to meet some girls, get more involved in the community, and be able to give back to the community. It is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.

I tend to call it my "sorority" for lack of a better term. It has exceeded all expectations I had and I am enjoying being a part of it. It is an amazing group of girls. Last night we had our Graduation (aka initiation), meaning we are no longer "rushes" and are now active members! It was a fun night to hang out with the girls and their husbands. It was the first time the husbands got to meet and I'm sure not the last.

It's Baack! Yes, I'm wearing the infamous red dress again....no comments:)

All the new Junior League girls

The new girls with the recruiters

Laurie ** Paige ** Sally

All the husbands (so thrilled to be there!)


12 Shoutouts!:

Grady Family said...

What a great way to meet people!!! So glad you enjoyed it:)

mommyreview.com said...

That is awesome, congrats!

kkp1220 said...

good thing you are married to bill. I can't see JJ coming to see me "graduate" ;-)

Congrats!!!

Jeana said...

Sometimes I wonder if you should have majored in politics... and I mean that in a good way. Kudos to you for getting in touch with your community:)

Sandy said...

That's awesome Paige!! Good for you for getting out and being active :) Looks like you met some great friends!

cari said...

I love the red dress :) You def. look more like a pregnant person in it this time!! :)

gm-vasquez said...

Good for you! How fun! My sis still has no friends. She is so quiet and shy, I wish she would just put herself out there.

Anonymous said...

I don't know the story on the infamous red dress, but in a sea of black dresses, you stand out beautifully. Great way to meet people, maybe I need to look into Junior League too. Good idea!

The Naves said...

So fun. . . makes me want to join ours. I can't believe how pregnancy just makes you glow. . . you look great!

CrazyRossHouse said...

Does the Junior league offer free babysitting. Cuz once that little one comes your volunteer days could be numbered!

Anonymous said...

Courtney, you're killing me!!!

Kimi said...

You look beautiful! Isn't there some rule about being initiated into 2 sororities? Did they make you were toliet seats on your head? JK ;o) Ah, the good old days...