Monday, March 1, 2010

1 year

her door decorated

waking up to balloons and her birthday sign!

ready to celebrate her birthday!





she loved the balloons!

daddy surprised her (and mommy) with a radio flyer wagon! she helped him put it together!

chillin in her new ride!

she had daddy pulling her around all night!

she was all smiles on her birthday!






I cannot believe my baby is one! It's your golden birthday...turning 1 on the 1st! I remember leaving for the hospital like it was yesterday. How could a year already have passed? Today was a bittersweet day. God decided that it was time for your great-grandma Polly to become an angel. I have no doubt that her job is to look over you and guide you through this crazy world! I can't wait for you to grow up and tell you all the fun things your aunties and I did with her!!

This past month, you decided that you love to give kisses, preferably with open mouth and sometimes a little tongue:) I'm currently your favorite person to give kisses while daddy usually gets a head turned or a hand in the face! You've started giving hugs when asked, but you still would much rather just receive hugs. When I hug you and give you a little shake you just laugh!

I know that every mother says how quickly time flies with your babies and even though I knew that and have cherished every day with you, I still look back and wonder where all the time has gone. I am so blessed and thank my lucky stars that I am able to share each day with you.

You have been an exceptional baby and have made my job as a mommy look easy:) I hope this continues and doesn't mean that your twos and threes will be harder than usual:) You were sleeping through the night at a very early age and hardly ever make a sound! You love to just sit and take in the commotion around you! You didn't get the nickname bug-eyed for nothing!

You bring so much joy to our lives. You love to laugh. It doesn't matter what you are doing, you could just bust out in a belly laugh and once you get going you don't stop. Your daddy still is the only one that can really get you going! He loves coming home to you and hearing your laugh.

You are crawling all over the place and are into everything!! I thought I was going to have several more weeks of you crawling, but lately I might not be so sure. Just yesterday you stood by yourself for about a second. You are getting more daring with your steps. If something was out of reach you would just sit down and crawl to it, but within this past week you have started to reach for it, grab it, and then take a step closer. I fear that we are getting closer to you running all over the house!

We love you more than you will ever know!

6 Shoutouts!:

Ali C. said...

Happy Birthday Hayley! Love that wagon? Could that have been the one at Costco?????

The DeShazers said...

Seriously, I have tears in my eyes. I can't believe she is one! She is such an amazing little girl. You need to move out here so we can play together more!!

Happy First Birthday, H!!

Michelle Wing said...

Happy Birthday Buggy! I hope you have a wonderful party.

bob & nancy said...

I know you will all have a great time celebrating Hayley's birthday - even with the passing of Grandma Polly. I can see a lot of Paige in H.P. -- look out Bill! She is too cute! See you next week!
Fancy Nancy

The Robin Family said...

So cute. Happy Birthday Hayley. Love the sign and balloons.

cari said...

Happy Birthday Hayley!!!!!