A typical conversation before we go upstairs to bed between Bill and I follows as such....
Bill: "It's hot, can we turn on the AC?"
Paige: "NO, it's too expensive. There's a nice breeze up here."
Bill: "Please"
Paige: "NO...it's really not that hot. The windows are open and the fresh air is nice."
Last night I caved! It was so hot that I counldn't take it. I made Bill close all the windows and turn on the air. After about 5 minutes, I noticed it wasn't getting any cooler....it was actually hotter! I almost started crying it was so hot. Our AC was broken and blowing out hot air. We were forced to open the windows and enjoy the "hot fresh air." This wasn't working so well since there was no "nice breeze." After about 2 hours of tossing and turning and complaining about how hot is was in the room, Bill got up and got his portable air conditioner that he has in his office and brought it to the room. These things are not as easy as they look to assemble. There is a large tube that needs to be out the window so it can blow the hot air out. This wasn't as easy as it sounds since our bedroom windows were too high off the ground and they open up and down instead of right to left. After a 1am "friendly discussion" between Bill and I regarding why it needed to be out the window (I didn't see a problem with it not being perfect...I just want cold air to start coming out). After all but breaking the window, Bill finally got it in place. We were set, cold air was starting to come out....well almost, but it was our only choice. The air conditioner sounded like a plane was taking off in our bedroom. I can't even begin to tell you how loud it was, but it was defenitely wasn't worth it to turn it off.
We made it through the night and made it our #1 priorty to fix the AC today. Now that it's fixed, I am looking forward to a perfect night sleep!!
ROBERS OUT!!
Saturday, July 14, 2007
A Whole New Appreciation for AC
XOXO Bill and Paige at 9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Shoutouts!:
I thought Vince and I were the only ones who fought over the AC. He won't touch it. But I did cave in today because it is so humid here.
Post a Comment