My friend Michelle came to town this weekend and we were on the go right when she arrived on Thursday night. We went to Disneyland on Friday and had a great time! Unfortunately, the only day in the past six months that it rained in Southern California was the day that we decided to go. Needless to say, we were soaking wet and tried to go on every ride that was indoors. We even went into the Tiki room! For those of you that have never been in the Tiki room...DON'T. You aren't missing anything! If it wasn't raining out, I would have left the show early. Disneyland is absolutely gorgeous at this time of year. They decorate that place beautifully. We were even looking forward to it "snowing" that evening, but due to the weather, the "snow" was cancelled. Guess we'll have to go next year!!

Michelle & I at Disneyland

With Mickey
On Saturday we went to a birthday party and then headed to downtown Brea. I wanted to take advantage of having an extra person to take our Christmas picture and Bill was trying to accomplish a task that made me feel like I was on The Amazing Race! Our downtown was having a special, "buy $100 at any location downtown and receive $20 to the Yard House." This promotion ended at 3 pm and it was about 2:20 pm. For the 1st time in my married life, I had a "free pass" to buy $100 worth of anything I wanted. The only problem is that I had only 30 minutes in which to do it. We ran through downtown Brea to get to Old Navy. I was feeling lots of pressure, but was able to complete my task (just in case anyone was worried). We quickly had to get back to collect our prize. Because we were so successful, I'm sending in our tape for The Amazing Race 13!!
In our Packers jerseys (would've been better if they had beaten the Cowboys)
Later that night, Michelle and I decided that it would be a great idea to go to Color Me Mine and paint some pottery. They were having a paint special, so we just had to go. I've always wanted to do it, and Bill was very happy to have Michelle here, so he didn't have to do it. We thought the whole experience would take 30 minutes, maybe an hour. Well, 3 hours later we were done, not because we had finished our masterpieces, but because we were so tired and they were closing! Yep, gone are the days of us closing down bars; we are now closing down Color Me Mine's! For some lessons that we learned regarding girls' night out at a pottery store, please visit http://www.mkwing.blogspot.com/.
My masterpiece
Sunday we woke up, went to church, and then headed to Baby's-R-Us so Michelle could register for her new arrival. Since neither of us knew what she would need for her baby, we pretty much focused on what was voted "top pick" by most moms. We were also on lookout for cute things and when we saw them we aimed the gun and voila, it was on her registry! No discussion about if it was needed or how it will benefit the baby; only if it was cute and matched the other things we put on her registry.
It was such a wonderful, fun-filled weekend. Bill and I enjoyed having Michelle visit and look forward to her next visit. If any of you want to visit and have this kind of fun, please let us know. Hotel Robers is always open for business!
Robers Out!
0 Shoutouts!:
Post a Comment