Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cog Railroad

We took the Cog Railroad half-way up Pikes Peak to go see Santa. I had such high expectations of it being cold with lots of snow, drinking hot chocolate, eating cookies, and sitting on Santa's lap. Well, sitting on Santa's lap happened even if Hayley didn't want to, lots of hot chocolate was drunk, but cookies weren't very good and there was NO snow. I was so disappointed :( We were all decked out in our snow boots and we could've worn flip flops! It was such a beautiful day with the sun shining...could've done without the layers of clothes I brought up with us in case it was freezing! We had such a good time with our friends, sang christmas carols, and told Santa what we wanted for Christmas!

waiting to get on the train

on the train up the peak


with Santa and Mrs. Claus



with Karin and Abigail and Mary and Caroline




on the way back down

3 Shoutouts!:

The DeShazers said...

Looks like she loved Santa!!

Ali C. said...

cute haircut! Poor Hayley...did she even get to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas?

kkp1220 said...

Cute pics;-0