Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mother of the Year!

So about a week and a half ago, Hayley comes out of her playroom crying "my toe mommy, my toe mommy." I just assumed something fell on it, gave her a hug and a kiss, and went about my business. About a week later, I noticed that her big toe was red and swollen and then each day it progressively got worse. I finally took her to the doctor today and sure enough it was infected! They put her on an antibiotic and said to soak it in epsom salt. The worst part was the Doctor asking me what happened? What fell on her? How long has it been red like this? I had no idea! I really don't know if that's the reason it's red and swollen because I just noticed it three days ago.

I wasn't too sure how she was going to soak her foot, so I put on some Elmo and had Bill hold her foot in the water. She didn't really like it at first, but quickly enjoyed soaking her toes in warm water! When I took it away she kept saying "more mommy, more!" I don't know if she liked soaking her feet so much or it was the fact that Elmo was shut off at the same time :)

4 Shoutouts!:

Ali C. said...

oh no! What the heck could she have done with her toe? Poor thing!

Michelle Wing said...

Poor little girl.

Shalyse said...

ok...poor little thing...but she freakin ROCKS those pom poms in her hair!! love it!

caxline said...

ah...that reminds me of grandma polly soaking our feet...miss her...