
This past week my mom and dad had to put Diamond to sleep. She had pancreatic cancer for about 5 weeks and they didn't want her to suffer anymore. Diamond had always been my dad's dog and they had a special bond. He would say that Diamond is the only one who understands him. He would talk to her daily and refer to himself as Wilbur, and according to him, Diamond would respond. They always looked forward to September when my mom went back to school so they could be alone to roam the house! My dad is trying to turn Victory into "his dog," but says he has alot of work ahead of him!
Diamond you will be missed, especially everytime the doorbell rings and there is no barking and everytime the front door opens we don't have to worry about you darting out to the neighbors yard to go potty.
Robers Out!

10 Shoutouts!:
SO sad:( That makes me sad for your dad.
you neglected to tell everyone that you left mommy and daddy in their fragile state to out partying. Good thing I was there to pick up the pieces and remember the good time (i.e. the Longaberger basket incident, etc...)
Diamond, although you were a little chunky and lazy, you were the best. You'll be missed. Keep an eye on your Mamma and Wilbur from above.
Bill
It's tough losing a member of the family. We through the same thing and it's that we only remember the "good" times with our dog.
Sorry for you loss, Mom and Dad. We will always remember the good days;-)
Love you
xoxo
I saw how tore up your mom was at Taylor's Birthday party. I was trying to hold back the tears when she talk about Diamond. Sorry for the loss, I know how hard it is.
Sorry for you loss. I hope your dad finds a new "man's best friend" with Victory.
I am so sorry for the passing of Diamond - my parents had to put their 15 yr old dog to sleep this past week as well (we got him 2 weeks before I graduated from HS in 1993) They are taking it pretty hard as well. Good for them for having the courage to put her well being ahead of their own feelings.
I'm so sorry. He has such a cute face.
Post a Comment