We had a great 4th of July. Our friends AJ and Lisa, with their two kids, Aubrey and Megan came into town. We loved having visitors (hint hint)!! We were tourists with them since we hadn't seen the city ourselves. Bill took them to the zoo and they had a BLAST!! They had a private tour where they got to hold, pet, and feed the animals. Their favorite was feeding the hippos. They were so big and would eat a 1/4 watermelon and entire cabbage in one chomp! For the 4th, we hung out by the pool and BBQ lunch. We were so tired from being in the sun all day, so we were thankful we could see some fireworks from our balcony!
AJ with Aubrey and Megan
Bill and I at the pool
Bill and AJ cooking lunch for us!
On Saturday we took a trip up to Pikes Peak....boy, what a trip! First of all, we spent an hour just looking for the street to get to the Peak. Driving with boys is always an adventure....THEY NEVER WANT TO STOP AND ASK FOR DIRECTIONS!! And for those of you who are affected by altitude, I would not recommend this trip. Apparently I am affected by the altitude. I could barely breathe, let alone walk! I got so light headed and was throwing up. The funny thing is that I wasn't the only one. Their were much people worse off than me. Their were girls in the bathroom that were lying on the ground with cool paper towels on their faces and neck. Of course I couldn't leave without taking a few pictures to commemorate the trip! Don't let them fool you...I was miserable and just wanted to leave! I think that might be the last time I make it up to Pikes Peak! We ended the visit with a Sky Sox game (they are the AAA team for the Rockies). The weather was perfect and the Sox' played great! They had a firework show at the end of the game which could have been the best fireworks show I've seen at a baseball game. We definetly will be back...especially for their corndogs (they were so good)! We were sad to see them leave and hope they will come back soon!
On Saturday we took a trip up to Pikes Peak....boy, what a trip! First of all, we spent an hour just looking for the street to get to the Peak. Driving with boys is always an adventure....THEY NEVER WANT TO STOP AND ASK FOR DIRECTIONS!! And for those of you who are affected by altitude, I would not recommend this trip. Apparently I am affected by the altitude. I could barely breathe, let alone walk! I got so light headed and was throwing up. The funny thing is that I wasn't the only one. Their were much people worse off than me. Their were girls in the bathroom that were lying on the ground with cool paper towels on their faces and neck. Of course I couldn't leave without taking a few pictures to commemorate the trip! Don't let them fool you...I was miserable and just wanted to leave! I think that might be the last time I make it up to Pikes Peak! We ended the visit with a Sky Sox game (they are the AAA team for the Rockies). The weather was perfect and the Sox' played great! They had a firework show at the end of the game which could have been the best fireworks show I've seen at a baseball game. We definetly will be back...especially for their corndogs (they were so good)! We were sad to see them leave and hope they will come back soon!
We're ready for more visitors....Who's Next?
Bill and I watching our new favorite team.
Robers Out!

5 Shoutouts!:
I like that water park. Is that right behind your house? I'm sorry you got sick. You've had a bad couple of weeks.
Sick from altitude.... or morning sickness again??????Lots of throwing up in a hort period of time.....
I am in agreement about the throwing up a lot. Are you trying to tell us something:)
I am glad you are home safely. I hope you have a better week.
HMMMM???? Paige, what is really going on?
I think people can throw up all they want and not be pregnant....
Post a Comment