One of my New Year's resolutions was to learn how to sew, and there's no time like the present! Last night was a great night to start...not to mention the 1st class that Joanne's offered at my level--those that don't even know how to turn their machines on:). Once I learned how to turn on my machine, I was up and running:) Although it was hard, it was a lot of fun and sewing is not as hard as I had originally thought. I just have to learn what a straight line is:) I have so much more to learn. At my class, I met another girl who is pregnant and due 2 days before me and we both wanted to squeeze in another class before we deliver, so the teacher was nice enough to schedule one. We are going to learn how to sew applique's on onesies for our little girls! Hopefully I'm not getting in over my head and it won't be a disaster!
Here is my 1st project, a pillow case. I am currently attempting to make another one on my own to match, so I can actually use them.
Here is my 1st project, a pillow case. I am currently attempting to make another one on my own to match, so I can actually use them.
I do have to say that I've never had more respect for my mom than I did last night. I don't know how she did all of our prom dresses and wedding dresses. Sewing takes alot of patience and I almost ran out of it last night when I had to take out my entire stitching. I wanted to throw the thing away and just go buy a pillowcase:) And to think, I made my mom take apart my wedding dress 3 times because I didn't like it. If I'm ever blessed to be talented enough to make my daughter's wedding dress, I will kill her if she makes me take it out! She's going to like what I make her or she'll go naked!


12 Shoutouts!:
Very cute. My mom made pillowcases for the kids for each holiday. They love to change them up.
Great job. I'm sure you will love making things for your little girl.
I doubt that you will make your daughter go naked on her wedding day. Plus, her future mother-in-law would not allow it!! ;)
Sewing is so much fun. I haven't done it since kids, but I am getting motivated to get back on the bandwagon. I love Joanns also. Every time I go in there I just want to buy fabric. Happy sewing.
LOL
very nice. I hope once baby Robers comes around you are an expert sewer because it should be fun taking a newborn to Joann's for a sewing class.
Oh, you are so funny, and your mom IS amazing. You know . . . I am impressed with your willingness to do so many new things. Awesome!
I start a sewing class on Monday. We'll have to share new tips!
Your Mom made your wedding dress?? That's impressive. Congrats on learning to sew. I never got much further than the pillows I made in 7th grade home-ec...but I've always wanted to learn...just too lazy to actually go take a class. :)
cute pillow case!!! I am impressed!! taking any orders for onesies?!!! :)
She won't be naked for her wedding. You can just bedazzle a white pillowcase for her to wear.
I am so impressed. All I can do are hot glue guns and industrial velcro.
Paige,
I'm very proud of you for attempting to learn to sew. I asked for a sewing maching for Christmas 2007 . . . and still don't even know how to turn it on! I, like you, have a mom who's terrific at sewing. But somehow I completely missed the lessons as well.
Post a Comment