Dear Hayley Paige,
I cannot believe you are two months old. I know I sound like every other mom, but seriously, where does the time go? I don't even remember being pregnant and those long days that I spent in the bathroom are a distant memory. I even told your daddy that I'm ready for #2!
You are such a perfect little girl! I don't know how we did it, but you are sleeping through the night...for the most part. I would like to take all the credit by saying I diligently stuck to a schedule, but let’s be honest; you are on no schedule whatsoever! You eat when you want, you sleep when you want, and you poop anytime in between! You'll wake up anywhere from 5:00-6:30am hungry, and since mommy isn't quite ready to start the day, you eat and then we sneak into mommy's bed and we cuddle until about 8am. You have a smile on your face all day long and only cry when you are hungry. You have yet to sleep during the day, but we’re working on that. I have since implemented nap time, but that usually only lasts for about a half hour if at all. I think you just miss your mommy too much!
I am happy to say that we have finally mastered nursing. It only took 8 (LONG) weeks. Dare I say that I actually enjoy nursing you and no longer curse at anyone or anything. I no longer want to chew glass instead of nursing you. This was probably the hardest part with you, but we did it! I now look forward to your cries because that means we can be close! My favorite part is after you’re done and you fall asleep, we just lay together!
I have loved being home with you all day and look forward to your smiling face in the morning and get sad when I have to put you to bed at night. We have so much fun and I love all the memories we’re making every day! We are so lucky that daddy works so hard and blesses me with the ability to stay at home with you.
Speaking of daddy, you are the apple of his eye! He loves you so much and would do anything for you! He takes you the minute he walks in the door and doesn’t give you back to me unless you are hungry or it’s bedtime. He hasn't changed too many diapers, but from what your aunts tell me that’s not unusual for the Kollen boys! Your first smiles were for daddy and for several days you would only smile for daddy (a sensitive subject for me, but we’ll talk about that when you’re older). You are now smiling at anyone who makes silly faces at you, but still mostly for your daddy.
You absolutely HATE bath time…I think you are the only child in the world! It’s amazing because you’ll be silent, but the second we walk into your bathroom and turn on the light you start to scream! You also HATE tummy time…you only last about a minute or two. You love your swing, which is very nice for mommy when I need to blog, update my status on facebook, or tweet on twitter! You also love your activity mat! You can just lay there and stare at the little animals for hours.
Next month is going to be a very special and busy month for you. We’re going to California to meet all your cousins and see marmie and poppy. You will also be meeting your Aunt Jodi and Uncle Ed and your cousins Jamie and Eric. You are going to get baptized with your cousin Meghan and your Auntie Jodi and Uncle Ed will be your Godparents. We are so excited for you to receive the sacrament of baptism and begin your unconditional faith in Jesus Christ. Your Aunt Jodi and Uncle Ed and your cousins Jamie and Eric are so excited to share your special day with you and they are so excited to meet you.
We love you more and more with each passing day and are so blessed to have a healthy and happy little girl. We thank God everyday he brought you to us and feel so blessed to be your mommy and daddy.
Love,
Mommy
I cannot believe you are two months old. I know I sound like every other mom, but seriously, where does the time go? I don't even remember being pregnant and those long days that I spent in the bathroom are a distant memory. I even told your daddy that I'm ready for #2!
You are such a perfect little girl! I don't know how we did it, but you are sleeping through the night...for the most part. I would like to take all the credit by saying I diligently stuck to a schedule, but let’s be honest; you are on no schedule whatsoever! You eat when you want, you sleep when you want, and you poop anytime in between! You'll wake up anywhere from 5:00-6:30am hungry, and since mommy isn't quite ready to start the day, you eat and then we sneak into mommy's bed and we cuddle until about 8am. You have a smile on your face all day long and only cry when you are hungry. You have yet to sleep during the day, but we’re working on that. I have since implemented nap time, but that usually only lasts for about a half hour if at all. I think you just miss your mommy too much!
I am happy to say that we have finally mastered nursing. It only took 8 (LONG) weeks. Dare I say that I actually enjoy nursing you and no longer curse at anyone or anything. I no longer want to chew glass instead of nursing you. This was probably the hardest part with you, but we did it! I now look forward to your cries because that means we can be close! My favorite part is after you’re done and you fall asleep, we just lay together!
I have loved being home with you all day and look forward to your smiling face in the morning and get sad when I have to put you to bed at night. We have so much fun and I love all the memories we’re making every day! We are so lucky that daddy works so hard and blesses me with the ability to stay at home with you.
Speaking of daddy, you are the apple of his eye! He loves you so much and would do anything for you! He takes you the minute he walks in the door and doesn’t give you back to me unless you are hungry or it’s bedtime. He hasn't changed too many diapers, but from what your aunts tell me that’s not unusual for the Kollen boys! Your first smiles were for daddy and for several days you would only smile for daddy (a sensitive subject for me, but we’ll talk about that when you’re older). You are now smiling at anyone who makes silly faces at you, but still mostly for your daddy.
You absolutely HATE bath time…I think you are the only child in the world! It’s amazing because you’ll be silent, but the second we walk into your bathroom and turn on the light you start to scream! You also HATE tummy time…you only last about a minute or two. You love your swing, which is very nice for mommy when I need to blog, update my status on facebook, or tweet on twitter! You also love your activity mat! You can just lay there and stare at the little animals for hours.
Next month is going to be a very special and busy month for you. We’re going to California to meet all your cousins and see marmie and poppy. You will also be meeting your Aunt Jodi and Uncle Ed and your cousins Jamie and Eric. You are going to get baptized with your cousin Meghan and your Auntie Jodi and Uncle Ed will be your Godparents. We are so excited for you to receive the sacrament of baptism and begin your unconditional faith in Jesus Christ. Your Aunt Jodi and Uncle Ed and your cousins Jamie and Eric are so excited to share your special day with you and they are so excited to meet you.
We love you more and more with each passing day and are so blessed to have a healthy and happy little girl. We thank God everyday he brought you to us and feel so blessed to be your mommy and daddy.
Love,
Mommy

8 Shoutouts!:
happy 2 months Hayley.
first off, you cried all day when you were at my house, your mommy might not remember that;-)
I'm glad nursing is going better. It is amazing that at 6-8 weeks, they just get it and everything clicks;-)
Love you
xoxo
Happy Day, Hayley Paige. I can't wait for you to get here. I try to see everyone once a month, but w/ everyone spread out all over the place, and so many of you, it is getting more difficult. I'm waiting for retirement!! You are such a pretty little girl and I love talking to you on Skype (when your mommy can keep you looking at the camera). We will see you soon. I love you.
It's so fun to read your letters now! : )
Happy Birthday, Hayley--two months old!! So, you hate your bath--I think you hate being put in water and you inherited that from your dad. We were asked to discontinue his swimming lessons because he screamed so loud--if his mother or his sisters took him, that is. When his dad took him, he never let out a peep! Looking forward to your visit to Wisconsin. We will pray for you on your baptism day--sorry we cannot be there. Love you lots, sweet thing. Grandma and Grandpa Robers
Perfectly written Paige!!! Love the part about the Kollen boys and diapers :) The pictures are so beautiful!!! I think you are ready for #2 also :)))))
What a special day!! Happy two month birthday, Hayley Paige! We can't wait to meet you soon!!
(P.S. Paige, have you tried really warming up the bath water before putting her in? Joey screams like a girl if it isn't really warm/almost hot!) :)
I love your letter!!
What a nice letter to Hayley! She is so cute... I love the "special delivery' shirt (and bow!!)
Paige - I finally got a chance to check out your blog...This is one of the sweetest posts ever! She is so cute & I love the picture of her with her little pink headband & pink flower bow. I can't believe you're ready for number 2, it's taken me 2 & a half years to say that! & I still hate putting Brynlee to sleep at night.
Post a Comment