Bill and I went to the Magic Castle last night. The Magic Castle is a private, members-only club/restaurant/show. It was so much fun. When we arrived we had to speak to an owl and say the magic word ("Open Sesame") for them to open the door. I was convinced that there was a camera or two-way mirror and someone was sitting back there and laughing at me, so I made Bill do it. We first went to see "Invisible Irma." She was sitting at the piano (or was she???) playing for a crowded room. She takes requests. You yell out, "Irma!" and she responds by playing some notes. Then you ask her to play a song, and she waits for you to give a tip to her invisible parrot. She knew everything! We have yet to figure out how she knew "Sexy Back" since she had died over 50 years ago. We got close up with a magician and saw him literally call out the placement of a card that I was thinking in my head! I wouldn't believe it myself if I didn't see it with my own eyes or pick the card in my head. The main show was pretty neat as well. There were definintely some things that puzzled us, especially when a magician completely ripped up a newspaper and then said the "magic words" and it magically reassembled itself! I think I had to lift Bill's mouth off the floor. He had no idea how that could have been done. It was such a neat place to go to and hope that one day we'll be back again!
Robers Out!

4 Shoutouts!:
That sounds like fun! I have never heard of that place. Maybe that's because it is a members only! I would love to see a picture of you two at the door and Bill saying the magic word. : )
I think we did something like that the last time we were in Hawaii, kind of like a Magic Show. By the way, why are there posts on your blogs that say click here? Is that a virus or something?
I've been to the Magic Castle too. It's a good time. I'm glad you guys had fun! : ) You look nice in the pic!
That sounds great. How did you get to go? Are you members? :)
Post a Comment