I'm home from Texas. I had a great trip, but am glad to be sitting on my couch in my home, with my husband. I had no Internet for a week. I had no idea it would be so hard for me not to know what was going on in the world...at least in the world of Hollywood. I even got so desperate that I had Bill check TMZ for me so I knew what was happening with Britney. When I checked my email, I had over 100 emails. I never knew I was that important! Of course, a lot of them were offering me a low interest rate on my mortgage or offering to enlarge my private parts, but they still were for me.
I had a great week. It kicked off with a Super Bowl party at the hotel. The week went by quickly with them (Abbott) keeping us extremely busy. My days started at 7am and ended around 1am. They provided us with a very rewarding experience and team-building event. We built bikes for underprivileged children, but to our surprise the kids came into the room and we got to meet the child who was getting our work of art. It was amazing to see the looks on the kids' faces when they saw their very own bike. It brought things into perspective and made me realize what I take for granted in my life. They also rented out the House of Blues, where Jim Belushi's band (the guy from According to Jim) performed for all of us. He was really funny and kept us all entertained!
When work was over I headed down to Austin to spend some time with the girls I met 2 years ago at training. We have remained friends and thought we'd take advantage of the location and stay for the weekend. We toured Austin, ate at some of Austin best places, and shopped at all of Austin's finest boutiques.
Robers Out!

1 Shoutouts!:
Sounds like you had a great trip.
Post a Comment