Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's Go Time!

The title is compliments of my pregnancy ticker on the side of my blog. Too bad it's not true yet:( We are still anxiously awaiting the birth of our little princess. And to make matters worse, Kelsey and Katy (my college roommate) who were both due a week after me were both induced today! I know she'll come when she's ready...just wish I had a little heads up. This waiting is for the birds! There is something to be said for scheduling a birth via induction and c-section. I guess she's just testing my patients...I just hope it's not a sign for things to come:)

Since this is our family's journal, I wanted to reflect on the past 9 months, so she knows what she put her mommy through! I'll never forget when we found out. Bill had already moved to CO and I was meeting him for vacation in Wyoming. I had taken the test the morning I left, but didn't think I took it right (they were left over from Courtney and they were confusing...not the digital ones that say yes or no!). I called Courtney to ask her if I took the test right. She just said as long as there were 2 red lines I was good to go. I then told Bill when I saw him, but still wanted to confirm it because I didn't believe Courtney. I had brought 2 more tests with me and proceeded to take them the following two mornings. Needless to say, we saw the 2 red lines...both times! I don't think Bill believed it until I brought home that first ultrasound. Me, I believed it the day nothing would stay down and I wanted to die! This little girl must really love McDonalds french fries because that's all she would tolerate the 30 weeks of my pregnancy. I think I went through the drive through literally everyday!!

Looking back it seems like it went SO slow, but yet SO fast. I think the slowest part was when I was sick and the quick part was when I was feeling well with lots of energy (yet those days seemed few and far between). She really put me through alot and there were many times I didn't think we'd make it. Then when I was in the hospital with a bladder infection/premature labor I was so scared and remember thinking I'd give anything to go back to being sick everyday. At least I knew she was staying put and not getting ready to come out. We made it through that and it was pretty much smooth sailing till the end. Now, I'm just huge, tired, and uncomfortable. So, here we are, just sitting here waiting for her to come out and meet us.
We will keep you all posted as soon as she makes her arrival. Until then please send happy pushing thoughts to me!

JULY 2008 (8 weeks)


OCTOBER 2008 (20 weeks)

December 2008 ( 28 weeks)


February 2009 (39 weeks)




14 Shoutouts!:

CrazyRossHouse said...

NO one ever wants to believe me. I could have saved you some $$ by not having to buy a test, but you lose!

Bill and Paige said...

Courtney,
What are you talking about! I used your stupid cheap tests! I didn't buy any...hence the reason why I couldn't figure out if they worked or not! Next time I'm getting the pretty digital ones:)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I remember this time of just waiting around... the worst is when everyone calls to ask if the baby is here it yet!! It will go fast... enjoy your time- be sure to get some extra sleep before your little one comes!

Jeana said...

I remember that was all I could think about in the end... every time you feel something you think "is this it?" Then you have real contractions and... well, Good Luck!

Ali C. said...

I bought a 5 pack of the fancy digital ones and the first one worked! I took the second one anyway so I didn't feel like it was a waste of money. I hope they don't expire before the second baby comes around! Can't wait to meet "No Name Robers" Miss you.

Katy said...

Paige, I am so super excited for you! I am sorry I took your due date away from you! :). We absolutely cannot wait to see pictures and meet her! Just think, you have a few extra days to ponder names! :). Love you a ton!!

The Robin Family said...

It's a lot harder to wait around with the first one. Once your in the hospital you will forget about all the waiting. Good Luck and I will be sending happy contraction thoughts.

The Naves said...

Just remember women have been doing this on their own since the beginning of time, its what your body is made to do. Enjoy these last few days, hour, minutes. . . whatever it may be and I will keep you in all in my prayers.

cari said...

I remember when we were in San Diego and you were barely prego...seems like yesterday..went by fast for me:) Can't wait to hear the good news from from Kelsey :)

Anonymous said...

Paiger, You will be there soon enough! Hang in there! I'll be praying for you and can't wait to meet your little girl!
Love you!

themonteleones said...

I never had to wait...I got lucky, Trevor was a month early and Taylor 2 1/2 weeks early. Although I do remember with Taylor that I was upset that she was not amonth early too! Enjoy your sleep, although I know that is hard at this point! Good luck, can't wait to hear about it !

Anonymous said...

you're almost there!! :) i'm excited to see your updates and pictures of your little princess!

Sandy said...

Paige you are a trooper!! At the rate you are going I am going to have our baby before you!! LOL!! ;) I know the waiting part is hard, but it will all be worth it...take advantage of all the sleep you can get while you still can!!! ;) We'll be thinking of you!!

kkp1220 said...

I will send happy pushing since I am the only one in the family who can have children the "natural" way;-) You'll want to die and convince yourself you cannot do it, but keep pushing!!!

I cannot wait to see you and Bill as parents.

We did kill McDonald's didn't we;-)