Monday, May 25, 2009

The GREAT women in our lives...

Hayley met her GREAT Grandma's this past week in CA. Although she will never remember meeting them (and neither will they:)), it meant a lot to me and I loved watching them interact with her. I can not wait for her to grow up so I can tell her all the GREAT memories her aunties and I had with them.

Some that come to the top of my mind are:

1. Going shopping at the mall with Grandma Polly and she would buy us whatever we wanted!

2. Going to Grandma Agnes' house and getting Reese's pieces out of her candy machine.

3. Going to Grandma Polly's when we were sick and she would crush the Tylenol and put it in 7up for us so we didn't have to "taste" the medicine.

4. Calling up Grandma Agnes and asking her to take us somewhere, anywhere, and she'd be at our house immediately with no questions asked!

5. Spending New Year's Eve with both of them and banging pots and pans with them at 12am!

Hayley and I with Grandma Agnes

4 Generations!

Grandma Agnes with Hayley

Grandma Polly and Hayley

Hayley * Grandma Polly * Paige



Grandma Polly and Hayley

10 Shoutouts!:

CrazyRossHouse said...

gma polly bought me crutches at the goodwill store and then took candace and i on a public bus to downtown la for a piano recital. what was mom thinking. don't forget rolling the pennies at gma ags house for her and then getting to keep it.

themonteleones said...

I have so many memories of both of your grandmas.....that brought tears to my eyes! They truly would do anything for all you girls, soooo lucky!!!

Anonymous said...

You girls truly do have the best grandmas in the world. My generation can only hope to do as well. I'm trying but they are a tough act to follow and big shoes to fill!!!!

Michelle Wing said...

I'm glad Hayley got to meet her amazing Great Grandma's. You're so lucky to have such amazing women in your lives.

cari said...

Very coool post!!!

ps...I love the yellow headband!!

gm-vasquez said...

So sweet. I remember Courtney always having new clothes and a great tan. She would fake feeling sick so your grandma (not sure which one) would take her out of school and she would spend the day laying out!!!

OSU 98 said...

My grandma used to give us a piece of bread after nasty medicine. :) I had the benefit of having her under my roof...it was always her who knew where we REALLY went and what we were REALLY doing. It makes me very sad to think that I will never have a 4 generation picture with her - glad you were able to get one with Hayley!

kkp1220 said...

Too sweet. You didn't just "drive-by" like I did:-(

The Robin Family said...

love the pictures and stories. i almost started crying.

The Monroes said...

Great post, and wonderful pictures. Even if she is too young to remember her great grandmothers, she will have wonderful memories with her grandmas!