Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Venn Diagram

We tease Courtney that she and my mom are the Venn diagram...you don't know where one ends and the other begins! Well, I hate to admit it, but I am morphing into them with each passing day! I can't stop myself and it's scaring me:) I think I am adding a third circle to their Venn diagram!!

I used to make fun of Courtney for the bows she would put on Hannah's head, now I don't think there is a bow big enough for Hayley's head. I don't even want to comment on how we made fun of Courtney for the way she kept her car. Bill and I went somewhere this weekend and he had to drive, because I needed to clean the trash out of my car. I used to make fun of Courtney for dressing her kids in Gymboree clothes. The Gymboree employees practically know me by name. Seriously, what is wrong with me?

Since I can't find bows big enough, I have been making them myself...







This one may be a little too big!










My mom may not be domestic when it comes to cooking or cleaning, but she can make you just about anything, including a wedding dress in a week! I can't even sew a button on a shirt or hem pants. Since I moved away from her, I have been determined to learn how to sew. I must have some sewing talent in me, right? Well, come to find out that I have (very) little talent, but I keep practicing. I have been making burp cloths (cloth diapers and fabric), blankets, and onsies and started making burp cloths with Chenille and fabric. I have a craft room filled with fabric and thread. I make weekly trips to fabric stores to get new fabric because I never know what I'm going to need. I now look at clothes and think, "I can make that" but in reality just wish I still lived in CA because my mom could REALLY make that!


My fabric and ribbon

This is only some of my fabric!






My new burp clothes!

14 Shoutouts!:

Michelle Wing said...

Wow! You really are becoming quite crafty. I do have to say that I don't think Hayley's bow is supposed to be bigger than her actual head though.

Just Kat said...

I can relate to wanting to live closer to mom... it sucks, but we survive.

On the other hand, I think you ought to hold an on-line bow making session. I want to learn how to make these!!!

Sandy said...

Wow Paige that's impressive!!! You are very talented, you have the sewing gene for sure!! Those bows are too cute on Hayley!! I love them!! ;)

Aimee said...

Nice! So when are you opening up your own Etsy shop?

Garb Fam said...

No wonder Hayley is always laying down in her pics- poor thing can't lift her head since she is bouyed down by the floral arrangements!!! Pretty stinkin' cute though!!!!

SUMMER said...

I am sure you know that I am a sucker for baby girl accessories! These are fantastic! Hayley is adorable and you are getting me excited to meet my new little gal.

cari said...

I love the one with the lavendar purple bow :) I think you should start a business for the burp clothes :))))

The Naves said...

Its all SO cute. . . but you are right, that one flower is way to big for her little head!

Ali C. said...

Holy cow....do you need an intervention? But I absolutely LOVE the burpy cloths. They are way cute! You can't find any of those on stores!

Erin said...

Holy cow! You have my mom and I in hysterics! You're becoming neurotic! :) Love you lots, though.

Mamahol said...

Paige,
I too am very impressed, you are quite crafty. :) I just wanted to say hi and tell you that Hayley is so very adorable. Isn't having a baby girl fun? I'm sure having a baby boy is fun too. We'll see for sure in a few weeks. Talk to you later.

Holly

mommyreview.com said...

those bows are quite beautiful n big :) oh that fabric is nothing, wait till I take a pick of what I have in mine, LOL.

The Robin Family said...

Love all the bows, ecspecially the purple one. And I love the zebra and white chenille burp cloth. It's so much fun to make girly things. I need to make some more flowers for Madison.

Meg said...

Hi Paige,
I got some of Corinne's heabands at a festival but they have a website. www.twinkleberrybaby.com
your headbands are really cute too! where are you getting the actual headbands at?