Monday, June 23, 2008

Only in Wyoming....

You know your in Wyoming when there's a bar that has saddles as bar seats. It was our favorite place to eat and drink. You could tell the difference between the locals and the tourist because all the locals were sitting at tables while all the tourists were sitting at the bar taking pictures of themselves sitting on saddles.


Bill drinking his "million dollar" beer

Me drinking a Miller Lite

the infamous million dollar beer (NO it wasn't a million dollars...we were in Wyoming. I think it was $2, not the usual $7 we're used to paying in LA)

Us...sitting at the bar



*************************************************************************************

Another adventure we took that made us look like total tourists was the Alpine Slide. I kept saying "while in Wyoming...do as the Wyomians" (yeah I know that's not a word), but Bill kept telling me that they don't do this....only tourists do the Alpine Slide. For those of you who don't know what the Alpine Slide is (because I didn't)...it's a way for the resorts to still make money off of the ski lift and ski runs, because clearly the crazy amounts that they charge during the winter aren't enough! They take us to the top of the mountain and we ride these little go carts (for lack of a better name) down this ramp to the bottom of the hill. It was pretty fun, but don't think I'd do it again!

us being total nerds!



*************************************************************************************

Again, we were total nerds walking throught Jackson Hole downtown and going in and out through all stores. I couldnt' get enough of them! All of them had antlers, heads, bodies, hats, blankets, jackets...you name it...it was made out of an animal. It was CRAZY! I had never seen anything like it.










I think the best part of this was that Bill kept saying that he wants to start hunting...WHAT? He's never mentioned it before. He wouldn't know the first thing to do if he were out in the woods. He thinks because we have a basement we can have a big animal head on our wall. He's CRAZY! I won't ever let that happen!

He THINKS he'll be able to kill this and bring it home....



BUT in reality he'll bring home THIS:




Robers Out!

14 Shoutouts!:

themonteleones said...

Wow that looks like alot of fun. I didn't think there was so much to do in Wyoming.

The Beard Family of 5 said...

The saddle seats remind me of Texas, when I was there I went to a place that had a square bar - on one side was bar stools and an actual bar atmosphere ( pool tables, etc.. ) and on the other side was a store, literally a grocery market type thing with a cash register on top of the bar! Ahhh the bible belt!

The Stiles Family said...

Keep traveling for me:) I get to see new states sitting at my desk. It's great!!!! Where are we going next?

Mommy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I don't want to show Brandon those pictures, he might want ot move there. So where is your next adventure????

Anonymous said...

Your poor hubby...he's a trouper! I love how you take so many pics!

Sandy said...

Love the bar seat saddles!! Maybe Bill would want to take Brian on a hunting trip...can you see those two trying to shoot an animal?! lol ;) Looks like you guys had a great time ;)

The Robin Family said...

I can't believe you had that thing around your neck. I love the saddle seat bar stools. Those looked like fun.

jackson'smama said...

That pic of you on the saddle with the beer is hilarious! I can't believe you put that big animal thing around your neck!!

Shalyse said...

Looks like so much fun...lovin the saddle pics too!

I love that your hubby now wants to take up hunting...so guy! ;-)

Ali C. said...

Get those for your new house.

The Stiles Family said...

I miss your stories. We need some updates soon. I am going through travel withdraws.

The Stiles Family said...

How am I supposed to stalk Michelle when her blog is blocked? Will you ask her if I can have access?

The Robin Family said...

Paige , if your up for the 11th we can go together. Not sure if your still in town.

Grady Family said...

Your Killing me! WHere are you?!?! I keep checking for updates and NOTHING! DId you decide to move to Wyoming after such a great trip?