Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You Are Special Today

I don't have kids to take pictures of on their 1st day of school, but I do have a husband that just had his 1st day of a new job, SO I took it as a photo opportunity. He has been there for a week now and has really enjoyed it...did we mention that the partner he works with was on vacation the entire week. No wonder he enjoyed it!

Bill on his 1st day of work


It's a family tradition to eat off the "red plate" when you bring home a good report card, you did something special, birthdays, etc. The red plate is exactly that, a red plate that says "You Are Special Today." We recieved one as a wedding gift and hadn't had the opportunity to use it...or maybe it was because it was packed away! I remember feeling so special and important when I got to eat off the plate, so I am VERY excited to continue this tradition in our family.


Bill getting to eat off the red plate!



Robers Out!

7 Shoutouts!:

themonteleones said...

That is soooo cute, you brought tears to my eyes!

The Stiles Family said...

That was so thoughtful and sweet. What a great way to make someone feel good about something great they have done. Good luck Bill.

caxline said...

you are too funny...you should have held off on the rate plate until he brought home his first pay-check...now that is something to celebrate. stay at home wifey goes shopping!!!

The Beard Family of 5 said...

I mean this with the utmost of sincerity... do you ever stop being happy and smiling? I love your blog because it's so upbeat and happy all the time. Love the red plate and the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

What a good wife. I am sure your husband felt appreciated.

Mommy said...

what a great tradition!!!

Sandy said...

Paige that is the cutest picture ever!! I can't believe Bill let you take it, Brian would have never let me!!! You are lucky to have such a camera friendly husband :) I am so happy for you guys, congrats on your new home and Bill's new job ;)