Can you sense the sarcasm in the title...it's been less than paradise.
After wearing the same clothes and living in the bathroom for a week, I decided that I needed to get my act together. I started feeling a little better on Saturday and decided to try to get out of the house. Bill and I went to a few stores and I managed pretty well. I was just a little weak and needed to sit down about every 20 minutes (good think one of the stores was a couch store, so I just sat down the whole time).
I had an OBGYN appointment today and we heard the heartbeat!! It was pretty amazing to hear it and know that something is growing in my belly! He said that everything looked okay with the baby and I shouldn't worry about being so sick. He said that it's probably the altitude and if it continues then to call him immediately. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday, so hopefully I'll have a picture of the little boy/girl to share. Bill and I are still discussing whether or not we'll find out. I don't think I can wait and he wants to. I guess you'll just have to wait and see who wins this one! We are open to bribes though!


17 Shoutouts!:
Excuse me...there has never even been a mention before today that you might not find out if it is a Hank or Hankette. Tell Bill we won't be friends anymore and he can't be Andrew's agent when he makes it into the big league!
Please please please find out!!!!! My motto is that it is a surprise either way, just a little early! AND, it will be so much easier to plan for and you won't get all yellow stuff for the shower!
Yeah! Isn't the heartbeat the most amazing sound?
I know I am in the minority, but DON'T FIND OUT!!!! I promise it is SO worth the wait. HOnestly there is no greater surprise than this. Did it twice and loved every moment of it. Promise:)
I say wait. when i get preggers again, i will wait (assuming JJ lets me). It is cool to find out early, but Ic ouldn't imagine the thrill of waiting. too exciting!!!
That's so exciting you got to hear the heartbeat... now wait until you get to see that little bugger on the ultrasound! SO FUN. It would be too cool to wait on finding out the sex, but I know I couldn't do it!!!
You'd be killing us if you didn't find out. Doesn't Bill care about us?!?
I hope you feel better ASAP that is the worst :( But hearing the heartbeat is so amazing, I even bought one of those monitors to hear it at home (but it wasn't the same at the Dr one).
isn't the heartbeat just amazing?? My MIL stayed with us when I was pregnant with Kyla and she is a nurse so I got to use her stethescope (sp?/right word?) all the time to listen - I never wanted it to stop. I could never wait to find out, I'm a planner.. but if you can more power to you! I imagine the surprise is probably pretty overwhelming the day of delivery! Oh by the way - the vitamins work great! Way better than coffee. ( you can't take them now though! too much caffeine in them, (o; )
Anthony mentioned the same non-sense about not wanting to find out... I get the argument, kind of, but something is growing inside you and you and I am all for taking advantage of todays technology. Here's my bribe: If you find out, I will buy the baby a gift??!!
It is amazing to hear the heartbeat. It gives the pregnancy a whole new feeling.
Kevin wanted to wait and I couldn't do it. I overpowered him:) I am not good with suprises. Don't worry, when you are at the doctor's office and they say "do you want to know the sex?" he will change his mind. Especially, when it is up on the screen.
I hope you feel better soon. I feel so bad for you that this has been tough.
I feel the same as Kim, it is still a surprise, just early. The last thing you want is a grip of yellow clothes. Please find out!!!!!!!!
We vote with Bill. Surprised?
I vote for waiting. There is absolutely NOTHING like fining out the day the baby is born. We got the necessities for the shower, but TONS of pink after Emily was born. Seriously, finding out the day she was born was the best! You can do it!! :) Love ya. Feel better soon!
I don't know how people wait to find out...it would drive me crazy knowing that the ultrasound tech would know the sex of my baby and I wouldn't!! I had to find out with Austin, and it was still the greatest surprise ;) Either way, you find out eventually right?! :) Hope you start feeling better soon, that has to be awful!
Feel better soon Paige, being sick is no fun :) I too was really sick. If it is any consolation it is totally worth the wait and the sickness! Oh and we didn't find out, it was very exciting the whole way wondering...
I say it should be totally your decision since you have been the one hanging over the toilet!!!!
glad yo hear you are feeling a little better!
Post a Comment