Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rich Kollen or Bruce Jenner

This is only going to be funny if you watch "Keeping up with the Kardashians," if you are my sisters, my mom, or you just like a good Rich story.

I'm referring to the episode that Khloe and Kourtney go with Bruce to give a motivational speech and they were so impressed with his skills. He had the full attention of the audience, was funny, and very motivational. This is funny because at home he is run all over by his 5 girls!

We've always envisioned my dad being the same way. He has 4 girls that love him dearly aka walk all over him (only when we were little:)), but he has ran a successful business for many years and is an "icon" in the referring world! He gives speeches and teaches camps to aspiring referees.

Since he's out visiting us this week, Bill thought he would enjoy coming to his weekly referee meeting and give a speech. Without hesitation, my dad agrees.

They were getting ready to leave and my dad pulls out a note pad with about 3-4 pages of notes that he has prepared for this speech. Who is this man? I have known him for 30 years and I have never seen him write notes before. He was the one that would tell me a friend called and when asked who, he would say "name all your friends."

6 Shoutouts!:

queenieweenie said...

My dad has four daughters too! It takes a special man...

kkp1220 said...

that is too funny a d a perfect comparison Minus the bad face work;-)
Have fun

Anonymous said...

We need to write a book about all of dad's one liners. We could make a fortune!! No one would believe it, however.

CrazyRossHouse said...

Gotta love him. I wish he was Bruce Jenner and he came with Brody Jenner.

He was out of town last week and turned on his computer. I went to turn it on and it's locked, you need a code to get on. I typed in the 2 or 3 that he normally uses. After the 3rd time, a note came up with the Password hint, which was the password. Good thing he doesn't work for the FBI

SUMMER said...

Super funny! I LOVE it! :)

cari said...

LOL...my dad would do the same thing with a friend calling but he would tell me it was the "friend with the big butt"...or "the friend that never shuts up" or the friend that "looks like a walrus"...good story :)