Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

sWe've been home for a couple of days now and slowly adjusting to life with an infant. She's actually a really good baby and we're working on becoming really good parents. We're still learning the ropes. I don't quite know when or how to feed her exactly yet. Do I stay up for her late night feeding or go to bed and then have to wake up one extra time during the middle of the night? We've had a rough time breastfeeding so that's taken an extra tole on my body and not to mention time. I feel like a human cow! Just when I'm done, it's time for another feeding. Can someone please tell me why it takes me forever to get one feeding in? We went to see the lactation consultant at the hospital today and have another appointment scheduled for tomorrow. We'll get there...just have to keep remembering that "breast is best!" You would think all the cases of Similac I have in my garage would persuade me differently, but I'm afraid that Courtney and Candace would fly out here and take her away from me claiming child neglect! Although that's kind of tempting, I'm afraid that it would hurt her modeling career if she looked like Braylen:) Just kidding Candace...I love my little (oops I mean abnormally large) B! He's so cute...just want to eat him up (before he eats me up!)

Marmie got here yesterday and we are so excited to have her. Hayley just loves her, especially when she lets her sleep on her belly at 3am! Hayley is marmie's last stop on the baby tour! She's already told Hayley that she is her best girl!
Bill is still a doting father! He went back to work while my mom is here and then will take some time off when she goes home. I think he likes being at work right now because everyone wants to hear about her and see pictures and I know he just loves talking about her. He calls and texts all day long to see how is little girl is doing. She is the first person he wants to see when he gets home and last one he kisses on his way out the door.

She is always looking at him like this!


The Robers family of 3

Her 1st car ride!

Not really quite sure if she likes it or not!
(She better...the closest Nordstrom is 40 minutes away!)

Welcome home Hayley!

16 Shoutouts!:

Jessica said...

She is too cute!!!! I love the headband!

The Naves said...

She is precious! She looks a lot like you Paige.

The DeShazers said...

You are so lucky that your mom is doing the baby tour! You look fantastic and Hayley looks so precious!!

Ali C. said...

You're skinny. That gives me hope.

grammieross said...

Paige and Bill,
She is absolutely beautiful. God has been so good to you.
Love, GrammieRoss

Michelle Wing said...

You are not allowed to put a bow on her head that is bigger than she is! She is getting cuter and cuter every day. I love my little princess.

Grady Family said...

I am totally teary....she is so precious!!! Breastfeeding takes time...try to be patient. Whomever said it was "natural" is crazy!!! Relax, and she will too. And yes, one feeding can take FOREVER!

Kirsten said...

Maybe another LeLeche meeting would help.... TOTALLY kidding! She is so beautiful! She and Ethan both :>)

jackson'smama said...

Look at the size of that bow! : ) Good thing God gave you a girl!

Mamahol said...

You guys look so happy!! Congratulations!! Stick with whatever you feel is best, it will all come much easier after a little time!! She is so beautiful- and I love the bow!!! Take care.

Connie said...

Hello Paige! I am an avid reader of your blog from Kim Grady's blog, a close friend of mine! Your little girl is precious, enjoy your time with her! As for the breastfeeding, keep it up it will come trust me. It takes quite a bit of time for both you and Hayley to get the hang of it. Is your milk in yet? That will help too! The feedings are very long for a few months and then you will be wanting her to nurse longer. =) Our son is down to nursing 4 mins a side now! In the beginning you will feel like a cow and you feel like all you do is nurse but it is worth it in the end. Don't feel bad if it doesn't work out for whatever reason...sometimes it just doesn't. Do what YOU feel is best for Hayley!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Jake was an hour long nurser every other hour. That's why Vince's recliner is wore out. I lived in it. At least with me, my boys tended to nurse off and on from 7-10 every night which was nice because I just sat and watched TV. It will get better, I promise. The first 2wks are the hardest!

The Stiles Family said...

She is a cutie pie. Bill and you look so happy. Give yourself some time with the nursing. I struggled the first week and then it got easier. I pumped to help my milk come in because I think he was just hungry in the beginning. You are going to do great. Remember that you need to do what works best for your family.

themonteleones said...

She is beautiful Paige!

The Robin Family said...

Love her headband. I can't believe the closest Nordstroms is 40 min away. WOW. They do have the best nursing rooms though.

Keep up with the nursing. It was difficult with my first one for awhile and then it got better. I felt like I was always nursing her. Your right about 'breast is best' but it's also okay to use formula as well. Keep up the good work, it will pay off in the end.

Jeana said...

Ruby wouldn't breast feed. I tried for 3 weeks and after way too many tears from her and I, I gave in to formula and we both smiled. With Abby I was bound and determined. After many trips to the lactose specialist - SHE TOLD ME TO STOP... and, if anything, I had WAY too much milk. I almost took a picture of "them":) Kudos to your persistence! I hope it pays off.