Sunday, July 12, 2009

Not so ordinary...

My friend Julia is getting married in less than a month, so we decided to surprise her with a bachelorette party. Originally we thought limo, Denver, bars, fun, wild, crazy night! But with a daddy out of town and a baby that won't take a bottle, we had to come up with plan B so Hayley and Eli could join us. We realized that we needed to stay local, so we decided on camping. Every bachelorette wants to camp, right? So the 5 of us girls and 2 kids packed up and headed to Garden of the Gods to "camp." We didn't exactly rough it...we slept in a fully-furnished cabin with electricity, running water, and a full kitchen. The kids were absolutely perfect and we had so much fun! We plan to do it again with the boys next time, but get 2 cabins and leave the kids with them:)
getting ready to leave

julia going to check out the cabin

buggy didn't want to miss out on girls night

me and jennifer

everybody wears pink high heels camping, right?

cindy, me, julia, molly, jennifer (and eli)

it was so hot that I put Hayley down naked:)

me with cindy and hayley

me and julia with hayley

11 Shoutouts!:

kkp1220 said...

What did you guys do besides take pictures??

Ali C. said...

That is the only way to camp.

cari said...

You aren't allowed to call that camping :) Looks like a cool place!! :)

Michelle Wing said...

You ladies sure know how to party!

Kelly said...

That was an awesome idea! Looks like a ton of fun.

Julie said...

Looks like you girls all had fun! Creative idea. I didn't see any wine though?

Julie said...

That's my idea of camping too!

Kirsten said...

That sounds perfect to me!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Hi! Total stranger here! :)))) I just had to comment today though because your post was hilarious! I love your "plan b" and the who wouldn't want a bachelorette party camping trip?! So funny!

PS your sweet baby is adorable!

Karla and Brian said...

That is a great idea. I think I'll have to recruit you for some ideas for my Bachlorette Party.

Sandy said...

how fun!! can't believe how big hayley is now!!! such a cutie!!