Dear Hayley,
I can't believe that today you are one month old. It seems like just yesterday I was waking up your daddy to tell him you were on your way. It's hard to believe how fast it's gone by and how big you are getting. I can't even picture you inside me anymore. You are no longer in your newborn clothes and starting to fill out your 3 month clothes. I remember wishing that you would get bigger because I didn't get you any newborn clothes and you were wearing the same 5 hand-me-downs for the last month. Now I would give anything for you to be a few days old again! We had the best time...you would just lay on my chest all day and all night and I would just stare at you, smell you, and kiss you. We slept together both nights in the hospital and your first night home. Those were the best nights of my life. I moved you next to me in a bassinet because I didn't want you to get used to sleeping with mommy and daddy. I had planned to keep you next to me for a month or two, but it lasted less than 2 weeks. You were just so loud at night and I got NO sleep. We moved you to your crib and we haven't looked back. You really like your crib and LOVE to be swaddled at night. You are swaddled from 7pm to 7am and like clockwork, at 7am you start screaming because you want out of that thing! I will admit that when daddy goes to work, I sneak you into our bed so you can sleep on my chest for another hour or so! That is our special time together and I'm not giving that up!
We try to get out of the house at least once a day. You love your outings and usually sleep through them all unless I push you to the limit and you get hungry...then you let me have it. We really haven't had to change the way we do things, I just have to start getting ready sooner. I've learned not to make any appointments before 10am because I know I will never get there in time. Just when I think we're ready to leave you decided that your hungry or need a diaper change:) This next week we are going to attempt to start a schedule. We're already working on a morning nap in your crib. It's hard for both of us because we usually nap together with you on my chest, but I know I can't continue that.
We try to get out of the house at least once a day. You love your outings and usually sleep through them all unless I push you to the limit and you get hungry...then you let me have it. We really haven't had to change the way we do things, I just have to start getting ready sooner. I've learned not to make any appointments before 10am because I know I will never get there in time. Just when I think we're ready to leave you decided that your hungry or need a diaper change:) This next week we are going to attempt to start a schedule. We're already working on a morning nap in your crib. It's hard for both of us because we usually nap together with you on my chest, but I know I can't continue that.
Every day you are more alert and love to just sit and stare at things. Whether you're laying on the couch, sitting in your swing, or laying on your playtime mat, your eyes are wide open and checking out the world around you. You especially like the TV...you can sit and stare at it.
Your favorite time of day is when daddy comes home from work. Your eyes get so big with excitement. You can just stare at him all night. He picks you up and doesn't let you go until it's your bed time.
One Month Stats:
9lbs
23 inches



11 Shoutouts!:
I can't believe she is a month old already!! She is so beautiful, and she has grown so much!! It's amazing how much they change in such a short period of time!! Glad she is sleeping so well and loves going on outings...enjoy every minute of it!!! :)
She's looking like such a big girl! I can't believe it's been a month!! Time flies.
Love your Mommy post!
Wow... she is getting so big so fast. She gets more beautiful every day!
She is so adorable! You're right, it does go way too fast! Happy One Month, Hayley Paige!
Wow! A month already. She is so darling. I can't believe she sleeps 12 hours, that is awesome! Makes me think I may be able to try being a mom after all.
Just remember, you may long for the days she was smaller, but she will only keep getting more and more personality there are such fun times ahead, just enjoy every minute of it and it sounds like you are. I love that you have your special time and routine in the mornings after Bill goes to work
I love that first picture of her in the striped shirt;-)
9lbs...Ethan is weight in at 12lbs 8 oz at 5 weeks... is this possible???
She is SOOOOOOOOOOOO precious. Why does the time have to FLY BY SO FAST? Enjoy every second, although sounds like you are, little mama! :-)
Wow what an amazing child. ready to nap in her crib and she knows when her dad gets home. Kate is just starting to do that and she is 2!
Never give up good snuggle time! : )
Please tell me she really doesn't sleep 12 hours straight! Luke sleeps 12 hours but he eats 3 times a least.
Post a Comment